Home

Not enough errors

This is a discussion on Not enough errors within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Not enough errors

I sim and quick manage a lot and errors are way down around the league. I’ve just done a lot of simming with the Realism rosters and they probably have the lowest ratings of all rosters, but still not enough errors when simming.

I really don’t care about errors specifically, but it seems that the lack of base runners is leading to less runs, even though batting average and slugging % are pretty accurate.

The sliders do not seem to affect errors when simming. Can someone confirm this?

If that is the case, I assume lowering ratings is the only way forward? Anyone tried this?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Not enough errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
I sim and quick manage a lot and errors are way down around the league. I’ve just done a lot of simming with the Realism rosters and they probably have the lowest ratings of all rosters, but still not enough errors when simming.

I really don’t care about errors specifically, but it seems that the lack of base runners is leading to less runs, even though batting average and slugging % are pretty accurate.

The sliders do not seem to affect errors when simming. Can someone confirm this?

If that is the case, I assume lowering ratings is the only way forward? Anyone tried this?

I don't think I've noticed that. I sim most games during the season and checking the box scores I see 1 or 2 errors a game just about. I think I went through resigning Didi to the Yanks and he wanted an outrageous figure for his batting average and production; then i checked his fielding and he had i think 24 errors last year. I do think games I watch (not simmed or managed) have less Es than the simmed games. Not at home now so can't provide numbers, however.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
I don't think I've noticed that. I sim most games during the season and checking the box scores I see 1 or 2 errors a game just about. I think I went through resigning Didi to the Yanks and he wanted an outrageous figure for his batting average and production; then i checked his fielding and he had i think 24 errors last year. I do think games I watch (not simmed or managed) have less Es than the simmed games. Not at home now so can't provide numbers, however.

I think it’s mostly the simmed games. I’ve simmed many seasons and basically every team is between 5-10% over their 2017 real life totals. Works out to between 700-900 fewer errors across the league.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Having the same problem with walks. Control slider is not having any effect on simmed games.

Might just edit BB/9 and fielding/throwing attributes for a lot of players.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Having the same problem with walks. Control slider is not having any effect on simmed games.

Might just edit BB/9 and fielding/throwing attributes for a lot of players.

I see what you're saying now. In most sports games (though I can't confirm), I haven't seen the sliders impact the sim game. I simmed alot of Madden, saw decent #2 back carries, play the game and maybe 4 times the second back gets the ball. In Fifa it can be a struggle to see cards, yet sim games have a decent number of yellow and red cards, to the point I sim a few games each half of the year just so some of my players may be in accumulation danger. In MLB, I see more errors in the sim game over the games I view. Like I said I don't know for sure but my belief is sliders are for the gameplay aspect and doesn't influence the simulated games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2018, 04:07 AM   #6
Rookie

Not enough errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
I see what you're saying now. In most sports games (though I can't confirm), I haven't seen the sliders impact the sim game. I simmed alot of Madden, saw decent #2 back carries, play the game and maybe 4 times the second back gets the ball. In Fifa it can be a struggle to see cards, yet sim games have a decent number of yellow and red cards, to the point I sim a few games each half of the year just so some of my players may be in accumulation danger. In MLB, I see more errors in the sim game over the games I view. Like I said I don't know for sure but my belief is sliders are for the gameplay aspect and doesn't influence the simulated games.

Thanks for the response. I think you’re right, very few of the sliders affect sim stats. I’ve simmed a lot and I think that the pitcher stamina and Manager hook do affect sim stats, but very few others.

I’ve decided to just go with the Realiam rosters the way they are. I did a few tests... lowered throwing accuracy and fielding ability by a lot and it didn’t have a substantial impact on sim game errors, but my guess is it will affect animation and game play too much.

BB are also too high in my sims and I was able to heavily influence these in my sims by raising BB/9 ratings. But if I can’t get the errors to go up then there is No point in trying to get the walks down, as overall there are too few runs being scored in my sims as is.

I guess nothing is perfect but I want more runs!

Last edited by SidBream; 01-13-2018 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

The lack of errors has been a issue for yrs with this game. I wish they would make the errors sliders impact the simmed games like the pitcher stamina sliders do. Hopefully there have been enough complaints about it, that the devs see this, and finally get the lack of errors in the simmed games right.
I have adjusted players defensive abilities way down, and even then you wont see enough errors when simming.

As someone said, this is also causes teams not to average enough runs per game as well.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
The lack of errors has been a issue for yrs with this game. I wish they would make the errors sliders impact the simmed games like the pitcher stamina sliders do. Hopefully there have been enough complaints about it, that the devs see this, and finally get the lack of errors in the simmed games right.
I have adjusted players defensive abilities way down, and even then you wont see enough errors when simming.

As someone said, this is also causes teams not to average enough runs per game as well.
Yea seems the only way to fix is to lower def ratings, but it doesn't 100% solve the problem. I cut all infielder throwing accuracy ratings in half and also lowered their fielding rating by 20% and the team only made 6 fewer errors over the course of a simmed season (99 down to 93).

I figure lowering the ratings that much will screw something up in game play so I ditched the idea.

Simming entire seasons, using Realism rosters from WTNY, I get about the same number of runs scored as 2016; I think that's all we can ask for since most of these rosters were completed last summer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »