Home

How about more realistic causes of injury

This is a discussion on How about more realistic causes of injury within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2018, 04:35 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How about more realistic causes of injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
That would be ideal, but I’m just tired of seeing broken this and that. It’s baseball not football.
Yeah. Maybe this is wrong but according to Baseball Cube there were like 4 players with broken bones in 2017.

A Work in Progress
Old 01-21-2018, 07:13 PM   #10
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

The most common injury isn't even in the game, I am talking about Tommy John, unless elbow surgery is part of that. I would like to see, there is too many small injuries like broken fingernail. then a big injury Like ACL. there is no balance at all.

I would also like to see rehab assignments happen or setbacks/

and injury slider of a player to be different to fatigue I see to many players that are injury prone to be tired to start in the lineup. just because their injury is a low rating. should be 2 separate sliders

and the commontators to actually recognize and comment on injuries not say the same thing every time.

I have seen a starter go out in the first innings so many times, and they don't even mention anything and just say 'oh new pitcher is in for the injured player) no comment about how hard it is gonna be now on the BP etc
Old 01-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #11
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Another thing that drives me crazy is when I have a player that has to be removed because of an injury and then when the game is over they are 100% healthy. I see this happen way more than players actually get hurt. I'd love it if the commentators discussed what the injury was. It would allow me to go in and manually give the player the same injury when this happens.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #12
Rookie

Belkbuzze's Arena

OVR: 0

How about injury animations?

It breaks the immersion every time the injury message pops up on a play that everyone looked perfectly fine.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #13
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I believe it was All-Star Baseball '05 or maybe all of them that had diarrhea as an injury....

I'd also like to see more realistic and many more minor injuries. It seems most times player either come back in two or three days, or they miss two or three months. I would like more 15-25 day injuries. Also a rehab mechanic. A player missing 35 games and then suddenly being back in the lineup isn't realistic.

I'd like a system where we can send players on rehab assignments (two or three minor league games) and then get reports on whether they look healthy, need more games, need more time off and things like that. We, as the franchise runner, can then decide if we want to risk re-injury by bringing them back too early or if we want to be careful and give them another game or two in the minors, etc.

Things like this would add a lot of depth to a Franchise mode that I feel has sadly become pretty stale the last three or four years.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:37 PM   #14
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY

I'd also like to see more realistic and many more minor injuries. It seems most times player either come back in two or three days, or they miss two or three months. I would like more 15-25 day injuries. Also a rehab mechanic. A player missing 35 games and then suddenly being back in the lineup isn't realistic.

I'd like a system where we can send players on rehab assignments (two or three minor league games) and then get reports on whether they look healthy, need more games, need more time off and things like that. We, as the franchise runner, can then decide if we want to risk re-injury by bringing them back too early or if we want to be careful and give them another game or two in the minors, etc.

Things like this would add a lot of depth to a Franchise mode that I feel has sadly become pretty stale the last three or four years.
The rehab part would be a great addition. It should also tie in to how quickly players return.

Example: if there is an injury that is 30-40 days, on day 30 he should eligible for a rehab assignment. If they perform well in that first game then maybe he is ready after 2 or 3 games. If he performs sluggish he may be returns on day 41. If he performs horrible, the injury may not be healed properly and require more time.

I would also like that injuries linger and effect performance. To piggy back off of what I said above. If a guy pulls a hammy and comes back on day 40 of a 30-40 day injury, even if he performed well and rehabbed...that hamstring should linger for a few more weeks.

We should see reduced speed on base paths and maybe even some slow runs out of the box.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #15
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
The rehab part would be a great addition. It should also tie in to how quickly players return.

Example: if there is an injury that is 30-40 days, on day 30 he should eligible for a rehab assignment. If they perform well in that first game then maybe he is ready after 2 or 3 games. If he performs sluggish he may be returns on day 41. If he performs horrible, the injury may not be healed properly and require more time.

I would also like that injuries linger and effect performance. To piggy back off of what I said above. If a guy pulls a hammy and comes back on day 40 of a 30-40 day injury, even if he performed well and rehabbed...that hamstring should linger for a few more weeks.

We should see reduced speed on base paths and maybe even some slow runs out of the box.
Exactly. Little things like this would add a lot to Franchise and make it feel fresh and new. Franchise mode really needs some love and attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »