Home

MLB The Show 18 Won't Feature Online Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Won't Feature Online Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: No online franchise in 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
You're 100% right but tread very, very lightly. You're arguing with an OS grizzled vet. This means his friends will come a long and 'out like' your posts made in response to him.
Boy, you're still triggered about that whole Friday the 13th game night I had nothing to do with aren't you?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 6

I dont use online franchise but why not just keep it in there for 18. Just copy the same thing from last year?

I mean are their servers that bad? A company like Sony can't afford some state of the art servers for this team? It's already bad enough that the first 3 months of the game the servers will keep going down. We're all expecting that because it happens yearly. Isn't it time to freaking upgrade?

Unbelievable.

I don't know how many people do online franchise but I'm guessing it's not alot. So if it's a minority of people doing it, does it impact the crappy servers they have that much?
Old 03-03-2018, 02:00 PM   #67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Thank you. He was the most immature guy in here the second he posted that photo. All it did was incite people that were already disappointed. It served no purpose. He might find it surprising, but he is the one that looks bad. If you don't care about something, then why try to talk down to those that do? Don't get the thought process behind it.
Cool story bro. You're not at all though right? Taking your ball and going home because you automatically assume it's gone forever.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:15 PM   #68
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
All I see in here. It's a video game...

Says the guy who obviously doesn't play the mode they took from the game.

And, this choice they made is obviously an indirect result of them babying Diamond Dynasty. It's their cash cow. It seems obvious to me that they rewrote their net code with DD in mind.

I don't play online franchise mode.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Hard to say at this point, nothing is guaranteed. As far as it not being popular, I dont know how they could gauge if they are not playing because of lack of interest or because it does not work properly.

Serious question though, if there was a competitive product available now that had online leagues do you think they still would have cut the mode out completely or offered something transitional to keep the user base?
2k did something like this and their online franchise has yet to return. At least they gave their users a online league with one season however.

I’m reading a few posters on here state they never played this mode or don’t care for it. Those guys at scea have the Analytics and I’m assuming we are in the 1%.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #70
Banned

You're all the ones trolling now. I'm not getting banned after 9 years because of you. You've all proven my points.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:21 PM   #71
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Cool story bro. You're not at all though right? Taking your ball and going home because you automatically assume it's gone forever.

You've already got a mod in here telling you to back off a bit on the insults, yet you call people crybabies in this post again. Not sure what you're getting out of this bud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #72
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I think the real kick in the pants is these Online Franchise people have been waiting for 3-4 years to get a mode that actually works, then they see a closed alpha test is taking place presumably to improve the online functionality of this game, only for the actual solution being their mode has been totally removed. And 3 weeks before street date. And on top of that, people are telling them to get with the program and that the mode will "definitely" be back, when the track record of this mode in this game engenders anything but faith and good will toward the developers. This is not a fix, or rightly putting a bad mode out of its misery; it's a cop out.

I don't play online, but I think folks have every right to be pretty ticked off about how this whole thing went down. If the mode was so terrible and non-functional, why not cut it back in 2015 or 2016? Why string it along? A better mode perhaps could've been resurrected by now if they hadn't been as content to keep offering the same mode from 2014 until 2017.
This is really the best way to put it. I exclusively played this mode and will hold out hope that they'll bring it back, although I can't say things are looking too good ATM.

Quote:

Cut it out, why constantly do this in a thread where you've done nothing but troll within the 7/9 posts you've made? For someone who cares not about the mode you certainly have a lot to say about it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »