Home

RTTS Carry Over players - How it could have been done.

This is a discussion on RTTS Carry Over players - How it could have been done. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #9
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS Carry Over players - How it could have been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
I am unsure of the final rate the designers settled on (that stuff is all "tunable" to a certain degree), but I believe it is all starts @age 34 and should be at a realistic rate.

Unless of course your all 99's player starts bungling things on the field...that could expedite things.

See this sounds acceptable. I am willing to see my 99's go down if I don't maintain the production to keep them there. That is absolutely fine.

I also did not have a problem with the Age 34 choices they showed as far as regression is concerned.

So are you saying that, for example I can maintain 99 in both contact and power, regardless of the archetype I choose as long as I perform well in both categories? And that holds true up until the regression stuff kicks in at 34 (or whatever age it may be)?

If so then I am of the same mind as Bcruise in that it is a bit of a non-issue that I have probably blown out of proportion due to the lack of concrete information.

Last edited by Dolenz; 03-09-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #10
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
If so then I am of the same mind as Bcruise in that it is a bit of a non-issue that I have probably blown out of proportion due to the lack of concrete information.
This.

I think people are under the impression that their 99 is going to fall down to the cap of, lets say 85, in a matter of days/weeks in game. It seems if your player already has 99 power, he will remain there as long as your player performs (until he gets old, of course).

Let's say you have a player with 99 speed and choose the "power bat" Archetype which (I believe) has a speed cap of 40. As long as you continue to steal bases, the speed shouldn't drop at all, if I'm understanding this correctly. If this is the case, I think people will be much more accepting of this new system.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #11
Banned

If you start with 99's in everything, and pick a archetype that has a fielding cap of 90 let's say, everytime you make an error you're going to regress to the cap right? And even if you make 200 straight plays after making 1 error, you're not going to see any gains from that as you're still over the cap. Hitting is going to regress the quickest then, because everytime you have a bad AB or strikeout you're going to regress, and never be able to reacquire those gains until you're below the actual cap. So after a full season of slashing 330/440/590 you're still gonna find yourself probably regressed to the cap because everytime you fail as a hitter you're losing points, and not gaining any when you succeed. It won't take long at all to find yourself at the intended cap in those attributes, if I'm understanding that right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #12
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellred
If you start with 99's in everything, and pick a archetype that has a fielding cap of 90 let's say, everytime you make an error you're going to regress to the cap right? And even if you make 200 straight plays after making 1 error, you're not going to see any gains from that as you're still over the cap. Hitting is going to regress the quickest then, because everytime you have a bad AB or strikeout you're going to regress, and never be able to reacquire those gains until you're below the actual cap. So after a full season of slashing 330/440/590 you're still gonna find yourself probably regressed to the cap because everytime you fail as a hitter you're losing points, and not gaining any when you succeed. It won't take long at all to find yourself at the intended cap in those attributes, if I'm understanding that right.
We'll have to wait and see I guess. I am not fully committed to playing RTTS in 18 yet but I will pull over my all 99 player and play a few weeks worth of games to see how it goes.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:32 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
We'll have to wait and see I guess. I am not fully committed to playing RTTS in 18 yet but I will pull over my all 99 player and play a few weeks worth of games to see how it goes.
I can't see any other actual way it could go. We know from watching the stream you have the potential to lose attribute points on any pitch of an AB. Swing at a ball out of the zone and miss? Discipline goes down. Make an out with power swing? Power goes down. Those kinda things happen all the time over the course of a game, regardless of how good your player is. And if you're already above the allowed cap, it's the same as being at the cap, you're not gonna make any gains at all.

So it's not like "Okay I hit .380 this year my contact isn't gonna go down from 99 at all because I had a good year." It most definitely will continue to go down until you're at the cap, regardless of how good of a hitter you might be. Every pitch you see is a landmine waiting to take a hit on your ratings, it would seem.

Just from watching the stream I'd say clutch rating is going to be the main thing that people complain about regressing really really fast. I mean every time you don't get a hit with a man in scoring position, or at least a sac fly, it seems your clutch regresses. That's gonna be hard to maintain at cap even with a standard player. It would be impossible to do that for a 99 guy unless you play with dodgerfilms Bubba Crosby settings or something.

Last edited by wellred; 03-09-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:08 AM   #14
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

An easy way to fix all the complaints and issues with the Rtts archetype addition is either to give the user the ability to create additional archetypes and/or add more archetypes and more importantly at least add one archetype with all hard caps set to 99.

BOOM! That fixes my issue and every single issue I've read about Rtts' changes.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:14 PM   #15
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

Hopefully the carry over works well for those who need to utilize it. I was lucky enough to finally be nearing the end of my career and decided to just push through and make sure I finished it before '18 came out since I'll be switching over on release day.

I'm wondering if it might make sense to forego the $5-10 I could get for '17 and instead keep it so I can still at least have the option to create 99 players and carry them over to '18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 04:34 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
Hopefully the carry over works well for those who need to utilize it. I was lucky enough to finally be nearing the end of my career and decided to just push through and make sure I finished it before '18 came out since I'll be switching over on release day.

I'm wondering if it might make sense to forego the $5-10 I could get for '17 and instead keep it so I can still at least have the option to create 99 players and carry them over to '18.
Have you played every game of the career?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »