Home

Gamestop Monday - Top Ten New Things

This is a discussion on Gamestop Monday - Top Ten New Things within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2018, 10:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Can't wait!!!!!* I played the hell out of 17!!!* The improvements and graphics and tv angles and the improvements on animations and new swings and tags and rain delays and the commentary doing more conversational type it's perfect for me.* I know some you have complaints cause they didn't add things that are probably harder to put in for a 10 month developer cycle.* I still love what this team does year in and year out!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2018, 10:31 PM   #18
Rookie

xNeurosiis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gamestop Monday - Top Ten New Things

Super excited for a number of reasons, the main three being:

1. The color red looks accurate now! No more "never using the red tops" for the Angels.

2. Trout finally has a face scan!

3. The Angels belts are finally red.

Can't wait to pick up my MVP edition at GameStop on Friday morning! Also, I highly doubt it, but call your local one to see if there will be a midnight release.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:42 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
To each his own. The ball physics on And 17 was the first time I truly saw down the line double the kept rolling into the corner (and not in a perfect straight line), bouncing off the walls...and CPU OF’s not fielding them perfectly. It is a thing of beauty.
This is really inconsistent. More times than not, the CPU still knows exactly where and how the ball will bounce off the wall. In recent games just yesterday, I hit some screaming liners off the wall. The CPU turned around completely to field the ball off the wall perfectly without even looking at it.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:51 PM   #20
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
To each his own. The ball physics on 17 were the best they had ever been. It has been incremental advances since they introduced ball physics on MLB 12.

17 was bold and some people simply were not used to the tailing, spins and trajectories.....but man for me it felt more real than any previous version and was a clear sign they have come a long way. I am still seeing hit variety a year into playing the 17. I am talking new hits. And 17 was the first time I truly saw down the line double the kept rolling into the corner (and not in a perfect straight line), bouncing off the walls...and CPU OF’s not fielding them perfectly. It is a thing of beauty.

I can only imagine 18 will be a more refined version of 17 in terms of ball physics. I am super pumped for them.

But again....to each his own.

You're misunderstanding: What I meant was they're touting this as one of the best new things in 18...but it's essentially word for word what they said about the physics in 17...

And I liked the physics, and said last year that the physics alone were worth the upgrade to 17, but unfortunately it seemed like they toned them down after the first couple patches and then they didn't seem as pronounced as before. Ground balls down the line didn't tail like they did early on, less slicing, etc. Pulled fouls would still drift way too far though, which is something they said they've fixed this year, so that's good.

Anyway, hopefully they're better than ever. I'm optimistic they will be, but like I said the proof will be in the pudding. Fingers are crossed there won't be some weird thing like the wild pitch issue that will plague this year's game and won't be fixed in patches.

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-19-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:57 PM   #21
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Was that my boy Mickey Callaway there? Or Captain Generic?

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBucs
I'm ready. I played the crap out of '17. Can't wait for '18. My wife leaves for a girls weekend on 3/23 and I'm thinking of taking a personal day that day and just playing the Show. To quote Bart Scott, "Can't Wait!"
Can my girlfriend go, too?
Old 03-19-2018, 11:51 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 2

People remember the Ball Physics were changed drastically last year to start the year out. They just seemed to tone them down when everyone bitched and moaned about the HR totals. Early on this year they mentioned changing how the spin was wrong last year because it didn’t account for the ball coming from a LH or RH pitcher and coming off a LH or RH bat. They claim to have fixed that this year. And whether or not you wanna give them credit for that, if they did make that fix, it’s HUGE and worthy of a bullet point.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-19-2018, 11:56 PM   #24
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
People remember the Ball Physics were changed drastically last year to start the year out. They just seemed to tone them down when everyone bitched and moaned about the HR totals. Early on this year they mentioned changing how the spin was wrong last year because it didn’t account for the ball coming from a LH or RH pitcher and coming off a LH or RH bat. They claim to have fixed that this year. And whether or not you wanna give them credit for that, if they did make that fix, it’s HUGE and worthy of a bullet point.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That makes sense. I'm definitely willing to give them credit. Just cautiously optimistic that something won't be ''wrong" again this year and they have to tone it down this year again... then we see it once again as a bullet point for 19 lol...

Def9nitely digging the gameplay videos we've seen so far, so can't wait for Friday.

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-19-2018 at 11:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »