Home

Anybody else still on the edge about buying?

This is a discussion on Anybody else still on the edge about buying? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2018, 02:47 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anybody else still on the edge about buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
It's the only reason I own a PS4. I already have it pre-ordered.

But seriously, how is buying a video game such a tough decision for people? I get that it its $60, but if you don't think you want it, just don't buy it.

Is there really more to it? Are you afraid if you don't buy day one you won't get to change your mind and buy it later?

For me it just comes down to how much time I want to put into 2017. I am still psyched on my franchise with 2017 and don’t love the idea of having to mess around with another roster and starting over. I’ve never carried a franchise over and I’m not looking forward to editing all the CAPs that are going to turn generic when I carry over this over to 2018.

I’m 34 and I live in London. When a small 3 bed house costs a million bucks (literally), $60 for a video game is nothing. But here, time is money. My wife and I work hard, we have a 3 year old, and fingers crossed a second one on the way.

So basically the earlier I make the decision to buy 2018 and start a new franchise, the less time I waste playing my 2017 franchise. We’re years away from a WS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 03:06 AM   #26
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

I wasn't going to buy this year after all those server issues from last year, but when I saw the new direction of RTTS & improvements to DD, i became excited & preordered from BB. Hopefully not that many people buy it so they don't bog down the servers this year.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 03-20-2018, 03:13 AM   #27
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Intrigued to try out the new BSC, plus SunTrust Park is corrected along with half of the NL East's uniform colors lol. I also kind of feel like the new jersey PBR is going to show up a lot better on my television than it does on the computer. I'm always more wowed playing this game on TV than I see it in any form on my monitor, and this kind of stuff stands out much more.

On top of that, I'd like to feel how hitting as change with a PCI that doesn't lock in place when you start your swing, and more of the ball physics changes that have been made. Plus, some De Rosa commentary and new presentations such as full-speed replays are beckoning.

Not to mention I'm also only going to be getting it for a few bucks. Seems like the right move.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 03-21-2018 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:25 AM   #28
Pro

vertman's Arena

Pre ordered digital version. Will be pre loading on the 21st and playing on the 23rd. No brainer for me. Still enjoying 17 at the moment. Armors sliders, Yankees franchise = Heaven.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:03 AM   #29
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I waited shortly after the RttS stream to pre-order this year around. I generally pre-order around the time the game is announced. I initially was going to hold off on buying it, however, I figured the changes could make RttS better. Plus, SunTrust Park looks great.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #30
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Even if I didn’t want it, I’m weak. I have no regrets. I’m buying!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #31
Rookie

I think with the new ball physics, tagging and other small but important tweaks it was an easy preorder for me this year.

They'll really have to overhaul a lot next year though to get me picking it up day one, even if they added a create stadium option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 09:21 AM   #32
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Nope, it's pretty much as expected and advertised. I'm mainly a DD and Franchise guy, from the sounds of it they heavily improved servers, updated the interface for DD and Franchise, as well as fine tuned some franchise legacy problems and implemented some nice game play improvements. Sounds like a solid buy for me, it would be nice to have a franchise overhaul for something fresher as we've had relatively the same mode for several years now, but it's still solid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »