Home

Anybody else still on the edge about buying?

This is a discussion on Anybody else still on the edge about buying? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #1
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

OVR: 0

After all of the streams and updates from SCEA I'm still very much on the edge about buying right away. I know most OS'ers would buy the new game for no more than a roster update from the previous game, however, I'm a little short on extra funds this time of the year. Also, I'm a franchise only guy and it appears that only a fresh coat of paint has been added to that mode. Last year I was able to get a physical copy on e-bay for around $40 two weeks after launch and it lined up pretty well with the OSFM release so I may go that route again. Anybody else still on the edge about buying right away?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Anybody else still on the edge about buying?

I think it doesn't matter how good or bad the Show is; if you are low on funds you should hold off on a purchase. The Show is your friend, he'll be there waiting patiently when you are ready.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #3
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I'm always behind on previous versions in my franchise and by the time I catch up to current edition it's usually 19.99. So that's when I buy.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

This was the game that I bought a PS4 for. Jumping from PS3 to the 4 I thought I would never need another game. Well, something happened and the progress for this game seems to have stalled the past few versions.

This is just my opinion of course, but there haven't been enough substantial advancements to warrant another purchase from me this year. I played 17 for maybe 2 months and haven't touched it since. 18 doesn't impress me and it just seems like the series is spinning its tires.

Hopefully 19 strikes me enough to warrant another day 1 purchase, but certainly not 18.

I'll definitely pick it up when it's at a reduced price between $20-$40.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm gonna hold off for a while before buying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
After all of the streams and updates from SCEA I'm still very much on the edge about buying right away. I know most OS'ers would buy the new game for no more than a roster update from the previous game, however, I'm a little short on extra funds this time of the year. Also, I'm a franchise only guy and it appears that only a fresh coat of paint has been added to that mode. Last year I was able to get a physical copy on e-bay for around $40 two weeks after launch and it lined up pretty well with the OSFM release so I may go that route again. Anybody else still on the edge about buying right away?

It’s the only reason I own a PS4 and it’s the only game I play, so I’m definitely going to buy it. But honestly I have thrown the idea around of just continuing with my franchise on 2017, especially after I found out WTNY and teeds won’t be doing their roster this year.

If I were you I’d just keep on truckin’ with whatever you’re playing now (2017?) and save a few bucks a week until some good rosters start coming out this summer. You’ll probably get a better price then as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #7
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I’m always tight on budgets but I always find a way to buy it in day one, definitely doing that again this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 06:47 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Buddy and I bought PS4s when they launched sole to get to play this series. Sadly I'm looking lime I'm going OOTP only this year. That game has made strides while this one has not, at least in the areas I find most important.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »