Home

MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2018, 08:58 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion

Plan on running with the braves. Great farm system with a decent lineup. Thinking of trading for domingo santana. Seems legit because of the brewers logjam in the outfield. What do y’all think id have to give up to get him. Hopefully something with markakis to keep from creating a logjam of my own. Needed a righty compliment to freeman that seems somewhat realistic.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #18
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyme3
I also plan on letting Pomeranz walk because I've never been able to use him, for reference.
I know this isn't how it's usually approached, but Pomeranz is a guy I would consider adding in a Pirates franchise. Take a look at the Pirates and see who, if anyone, interests you.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:20 PM   #19
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhump1981
Plan on running with the braves. Great farm system with a decent lineup. Thinking of trading for domingo santana. Seems legit because of the brewers logjam in the outfield. What do y’all think id have to give up to get him. Hopefully something with markakis to keep from creating a logjam of my own. Needed a righty compliment to freeman that seems somewhat realistic.
Why would the Brewers want Markakis if they are trying to get rid of a log-jam like you said? Because you want to undo a potential one for you? Kind of interesting thinking! Definitely a deal to be worked out, but the Brewers will want a MLB ready arm, like Teheran for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edreed09
Looking to acquire Chris Archer and Jurickson Profar for the Dodgers in my franchise. Would these deals work or how far off am I?

Profar for P Ferguson, C prospect
Archer for OF Diaz, P Santana, 2B Lux, OF Trayce Thompson, and one of Stripling/Owens/Stewart

Also what's the value of Hyun-Jin Ryu? Thanks for any feedback
Profar is a rough one to evaluate. Rangers seem to be wanting to be in the mix of things, and Profar doesn't have a home on this team anymore.

Profar for Ryu.

Archer is worth about a $38 million value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyme3
Mostly, since my ideal plan is to bring in Harper hopefully (if I miss, I'd be aiming for Kershaw or Machado), I'd be looking to add pitching prospects. I would prefer higher ceiling, even if they are a little further away.
Pomeranz to any team in the market for SP would work. He is pretty valuable, but won't net you anything amazing... definitely not getting an Espinoza back.

JBJ is basically the same to any team needing an outfielder.

If you're looking for high ceiling arms I would tune back your hopes a bit. Both these guys would probably bring you back 2 B's and a C potentials in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCo217
I ask because if I try to rebuild with what's in place and realize three years in that I'm still a tad bit off, Freeman's value at 31yo is bound to be considerably lower than it is now at 28yo. But if I don't land a significant haul with solid building blocks, I'll just hope he can be productive until he's 35 so I can still use him.
Freeman is worth around $114 million then take away what he is owed and then it drops him to about ~$50 million valued.

That would get you two prospects in the top 51-100 rankings and a lotto ticket. Solid package.

Verdugo/Alvarez + Will Smith + lotto ticket.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 12:23 AM   #20
Rookie

I'm doing the Pirates and i'm looking to trade Freese, Polanco, maybe Marte/Cervelli. What could I get in return for these players?
Old 03-23-2018, 12:37 AM   #21
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10

Going to do a Braves franchise, since I love a re-building/prospects project.

Thinking of acquiring Jurickson Profar from Texas, since I have always been a fan of his, despite him not living up to his potential to date.

What would you think a fair deal from Atlanta's side would be for Profar? Going to try and resurrect his career in Atlanta, much like Tim Beckham in Baltimore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 02:04 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Starting franchise as the yankees. Would love to trade elsbury and add a pitcher but nobody want elsbury. Other than that I dont have to many moves to make.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:11 AM   #23
Rookie

I want to do one with the Mets what path you would take if you had them?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-23-2018, 02:18 AM   #24
Rookie

TheMadleR's Arena

What would the cards have to give up to get Donaldson?
NBA: Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »