Home

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-06-2018, 12:50 AM   #233
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

Ughhhh....so I'm doing a franchise with my hometown Cubbies, and I just ran into a statistical glitch for the 2nd time since I've had this game. Of course, the first time was when I played it on release day just doing an exhibition game so I didn't care that much, but it just happened in my franchise and I'm so po'ed. I'm playing as the Cubs against the Brewers in Milwaukee, I'm down 6-3 in the 7th inning, I get the first two runners on and I pinch hit for my reliever with Albert Almora Jr. Almora hits a two-run double to make it 6-5, next batter makes the 3rd out, so we go to the bottom of the 7th at 6-5 Brewers. The game tells me I have a position player on the mound, I go to the bullpen screen to replace him, I accidentally back out, I go back in, and when I try to bring in my reliever who had been warming up, there is no option to bring him into the game. I back out again and go to the Quick Manage screen, and bring in my reliever from there. But this is when everything gets screwed up. The game erased all in-game statistics up until that point, so it had every batter as having no plate appearances, pitchers as having no innings pitched, etc. even though the team totals (runs, hits, errors) were still accurate. I ended up simming the game until the end just to get out of there, Cubs end up losing 8-6 and I look at the box score and it still has everything screwed up - It's showing most of the starting position players as only having 1 at bat in the game, no stats recorded for the starting pitchers or anything. So now I'm stuck with a loss in what was a really good and close game late, and none of my players stats counted toward their season totals.

Has anyone else run into this glitch?
Old 04-06-2018, 12:58 AM   #234
Rookie

Does anyone know what causes players to start wearing sleeves?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2018, 01:05 AM   #235
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
I doubt anyone reads this, but...

I simmed ahead to 2020 with the Atlanta Braves, since I had a lot of talented young prospects, and was more interested in playing with them than the current day Braves. Players like Ronald Acuna Jr, Kyle Wright, etc.

Anyways, I've made some moves, because I wanted to do a complete re-build. I traded Freddie Freeman (93) to the Yankees for Gleybar Torress and Dillon Tate. They were struggling to win the AL East, and that move actually catapulted them to win the AL East by 10 games in the end. He hit .355 and had 43 HR's for the year.

I made a few other deals with teams like the Phillies and Rangers. I gave the Phillies one of my top pitching prospects for one of their OF prospects. And I gave the Rangers a pitching prospect for Profar, who was nothing more than a depth piece for them.

But that's now what I'm here to talk about. I may have had the single greatest draft that I'll ever have in this game in the 2018 draft on pure luck. These were my draft picks in the draft.

You need to give your scouts a raise

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 02:12 AM   #236
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

The first 2 months have somehow not been as bad as they should have been. We sit at 25-32. 3rd place in a terrible AL Central. Just 4 games back of the Indians for 1st. At the end of April we were 12-17 with a -57 run differential. By May 6th we were 12-23 with a run differential of -82. Since then we are 13-9 with a run differential of +9. Taking a look around the league. The division leaders as of June 1st are the Red Sox, Indians, Astros, Nationals, Cubs and Dodgers. Nationals lead the league at 42-15. With the Orioles worst in the league coming in at 17-41.

AL Central Standings
Spoiler

The offense has not been good. We are hitting .244/.313/.371 (23rd, 23rd and 24th in the league). We are tied for 20th in runs scored, 22nd in Hits and 24th in HR. We are tied for last in SB and 24th in SB%. And of course as usual we are near the bottom in walks at 22nd and one of the best at not striking out at 3rd.

Not surprisingly Mike Moustakas has been our best hitter so far. .279/.336/.548 with 13 HR. Just behind him is Lucas Duda hitting .252/.345/.470 with 11 HR. After that the drop off is massive. Whit Merrifield, Cheslor Cuthbert, Alcides Escobar and Jorge Soler all have an OPS between .656 and .696. Jon Jay and Alex Gordon have an OPS of .553 and .524 respectively. Drew Butera was released on May 12th when Salvy came off the DL. He was hitting .183/.272/.244 1 HR in 82 AB. We decided to stick with the younger Cam Gallagher as the back up. He is hitting .273/.294/.643 with a HR in 66 AB. And has yet to commit an error in 156 innings behind the plate. With Jon Jay having his worst season ever he has spent majority of the last month on the bench. Whit Merrifield took over his spot in LF whith Ryan Goins moving into the everyday spot at 2nd. And it has worked out pretty damn well. Goins is having the best season of his career offensively hitting .290/.342/.430 with 2 HR in 107 AB. And defensively he has yet to give up an error in 233 innings. With Goins in the starting lineup we needed another guy on the bench who could play the infield. We called up Ramon Torres to fill that role. Mainly a defensive guy but he has hit well in a small sample size. 6 hits including 2 doubles and a HR in his first 17 AB. And lastly im not quite sure if the Salvador Perez we got back is the real Salvy. He hasnt hit well so far with a .226 AVG and .340 SLG% But he has been taking walks. A significant amount of them. He 17 in 129 games last season. He already has 13 in 16 games this season. His career high is just 22.

Pitching got off to a terrible start. Giving up 16 runs in the season opener. Gave up 5.5 runs per game through the first 35. Been better since with just 3.7 runs per game over the last 22. We are 28th in ERA at 4.65, 20th in hits allowed, 27th in HR allowed, 14th in Walks and 17th in Strikeouts. We have also given up 15 un earned runs on 22 errors.

Top of the rotation has been good. Duffy struggled for the first few weeks but has his ERA down to 3.42 in 71 IP. He threw the first no hitter of his career against the Orioles on May 8th. 9 k's and 2 walks allowed in an 8-0 win. Fifth no hitter in team history and the first since Brett Saberhagen in 1991. Jason Hammel is 5-5 with a 3.59 ERA. Ian Kennedy is the worst starter on the team right now. 4-4 with 5.00 ERA. Jake Junis has had his ups and downs. More downs than ups. 2-4 with a 4.69 ERA. Clay Buchholz had a May 1st opt out if he wasnt on the Major League roster. We had him wait a few hours to make his decision as we waited for Eric Skoglund to make his start. Skoglund ended up allowing 7 runs in 6 innings and was sent down following the game. Buchholz is 1-2 with a 4.33 ERA in 5 games since coming up. Bullpen hasnt been great. Some guys doing well. Others not at all. Brandon Mauer has a 1.86 ERA. Only 10 IP though. Herrera has a 2.20 ERA in 16 IP with 13 SV. And rookie Tim Hill has a 2.61 ERA in 20.2 IP. Brad Keller and Blaine Boyer have a 4.22 and 5.50 ERA. Brian Flynn was optioned AAA on May 18th. No options left and he was claimed by the Angels. He had a 7.71 ERA. And Justin Grimm was released on May 1st. He had a 7.71 ERA. Seth Maness has taken their spot. After putting up a 1.57 ERA over 23 IP in AAA the success hasnt followed. He has a 6.14 ERA in 7.1 IP so far.

Down in AAA things arent really going well for most of our hitting prospects. in AAA Mondesi is hitting .229/.278/.285 in 144 AB. Starling is hitting .220/.304/.341 in 123 AB. And Hunter Dozier is hitting .202/.268/.354 in 178 AB. Ryan O'Hearn has been the best hitter down there. .261/.347/.398 with 6 HR in 176 AB. Pitching on the other hand has been fantastic. Jonathan Dziedzic is 3-3 with a 2.63 ERA and Josh Staumont is 3-2 with a 3.15 ERA. Eric Skoglund has been much better since being sent down. 3-2 with a 2.78 ERA. Nolan Watson moved up from AA on May 18th. He is 2-0 with a 1.71 ERA and 0.62 WHIP in 21 IP. In AA he was 4-2 with a 2.36 ERA and 0.96 WHIP in 53.1 IP.

Foster Griffin leads the AA rotation with a 2.44 ERA in 55.1 IP. He spent a couple weeks on the DL in early May. Would have gotten moved up to AAA instead of Watson had he been healthy.Trevor Oaks was sent down when Watson went up. So far he is 0-1 with a 2.25 ERA in 2 starts since. Meibrys Biloria has been the best hitter down there. .270/.341/.402 with 4 HR. Abraham Almonte was injured on May 26th in AAA. Elier Hernandez took his place opening up a spot for our top prospect Khalil Lee. In 4 games since joining the team he has 7 hits with a HR a double and 2 walks.

21 of the next 38 games are on the road. And 21 of those games will be against a team at or below .500. Im encourage by the last few weeks but I doubt we ever take the division lead. Jesse Hahn should come off the DL here in the next few weeks. And Jorge Bonifacio will be eligible to return from his suspension at the end of the month. So maybe we can keep it close until then and try to make a run after the break. We have the draft coming up in a week and have a lot of picks. Hopefully it goes better than it has the last 7 or so years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay415
Plans for Hunter Dozier? was thinking about using KC and just giving him a chance despite his lower overall.
Following real life as close as possible to start the season. So he is in AAA for now. If he plays well (he isnt) i'll call him up. Definitely one of the guys that got screwed by resigning Moose and bringing in Duda. He should have been getting 500 major league AB this year.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #237
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Played an amazing game in my franchise last night.

I was leading the Pirates 4-2 heading to the bottom of the 9th. We went with Danny Farqhuar to close out the game because I was trying to rest both Rosenthal and Britton. Farqhuar gets Francisco Cervelli to pop out for the first out. He then proceeds to walk Josh Harrison on a missed call by the umpire. Next hitter is rookie Cole Tucker who Farqhuar strikes out on 3 pitches. The Pirates bring in Travis Snider to pinch hit for the pitcher. I decided to roll with Farqhuar instead of getting Britton or Kevin Siegrist, who was warming in the pen. Farqhuar battled Snider for 11 pitches with Snider fouling off some tough pitches. On a 3-2 count I decide to try and catch him off guard by throwing a curveball for the first time in the AB. Unfortunately Farqhuar hangs it and Snider crushes it for a 2 run homerun to tie the game. (I'm pretty sure that ball landed in Canada). I get Siegrist out of the pen to strike out Alen Hanson who came on for an injured Starling Marte to send the game to extra innings.

We played a scoreless 6 up 6 down 10th. In the 11th Stephen Vogt leads off with a double to the right center gap. I replace him with Kolten Wong to run the bases. My initial plan was to have Marwin Gonzalez bunt him to 3rd and take my chances with a pinch hitter and then Tommy Pham at the top of the lineup. Gonzalez takes a strike on a low pitch I thought was out of the zone. After taking a pitch for a ball, he fouls off his second bunt attempt. Down 1-2, Marwin works a 9 pitch AB to draw the walk, putting runners at 1st and 2nd with no outs. I bring in Jon Jay to pinch hit, and the Pirates go get Tony Watson to face him. On the first pitch that Jay sees, he bangs it off the left field wall for a 2 run double! Pirates left Watson in who proceeded to strike out both Pham and Piscotty and got Matt Carpenter to ground out to 2nd.

Up 6-4 I don't screw around and I go get Rosenthal (I don't care if you're tired) to come in and close the game. He strikes out the side using only 11 pitches to clinch a sweep of the Pirates.

So that makes 5 straight for us as we look to keep pace with the Brewers who are completely on fire right now. We have a 3 game set in Milwaukee with them next.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #238
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
I doubt anyone reads this, but...

I simmed ahead to 2020 with the Atlanta Braves, since I had a lot of talented young prospects, and was more interested in playing with them than the current day Braves. Players like Ronald Acuna Jr, Kyle Wright, etc.

Anyways, I've made some moves, because I wanted to do a complete re-build. I traded Freddie Freeman (93) to the Yankees for Gleybar Torress and Dillon Tate. They were struggling to win the AL East, and that move actually catapulted them to win the AL East by 10 games in the end. He hit .355 and had 43 HR's for the year.

I made a few other deals with teams like the Phillies and Rangers. I gave the Phillies one of my top pitching prospects for one of their OF prospects. And I gave the Rangers a pitching prospect for Profar, who was nothing more than a depth piece for them.

But that's now what I'm here to talk about. I may have had the single greatest draft that I'll ever have in this game in the 2018 draft on pure luck. These were my draft picks in the draft.

I need your scouts!!!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-06-2018, 09:59 AM   #239
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Ditto fo sho!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 04-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #240
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay415
KC or PIT, KC or PIT, KC or PIT...this is my life right now...help me!
I would go with the Pirates. Awesome park and nice unis, plus they have resources you could trade to kick off a nice little rebuild.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »