Home

Pitch speed after patch

This is a discussion on Pitch speed after patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #9
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Pitch speed after patch

Maybe change up your hitting camera. I moved to strike zone 2 and was pretty successful post patch. Before the patch I was on strike zone and did good but after the patch ( since I got used to to pre patch pitch speed) I struggled a bit. I switched my camera angle to strike zone 2 and did well. Maybe try changing your hitting camera. That may let you see the ball better and react better

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #10
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
What did they do to pitch speed since the patch? Before the patch I had it on default and was doing fine. Now I am having trouble catching up to anything 92 or above.

I already have the pitch speed slider all of the way down, are there any other slider adjustments anyone can recommend to help me out?
There's such a simple way to please everyone. I don't know why they don't do it. If the sliders had a wider range, everyone would find their zone..
Old 03-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #11
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drty_Windshield
In this instance I don't think they were catering to the DD crowd. There were plenty of people that play on various difficulties that complained that the pitch speed wasn't able to go high enough. Some people, myself included want the supposed mph to match the visual mph.
Fair enough man. And I get that. I definitely think if you guys were having issues with it being to easy with sliders maxes out definitely should get the fix you were deserving of. The problem for me is I was hitting fine with default sliders before path. Now with slider turned all of the way down I am having trouble catching up to anything 92 or above. My eyes and reflexes admittedly are not what they used to be, nor am I the greatest player ever.

My only complaint is why should we exchange one extreme for another? If before the patch I was hitting on default pitch speed, then after the patch setting the slider at 0 should make it easier for guys like me to have time to react. But honestly it feels to fast right now

Admittedly small sample size and I may adjust with more practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #12
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Maybe change up your hitting camera. I moved to strike zone 2 and was pretty successful post patch. Before the patch I was on strike zone and did good but after the patch ( since I got used to to pre patch pitch speed) I struggled a bit. I switched my camera angle to strike zone 2 and did well. Maybe try changing your hitting camera. That may let you see the ball better and react better

Good suggestion man. But for some reason that camera just breaks immersion for me. I am currently using a custom cam based of catcher high and was having no problems before the patch
Old 03-30-2018, 12:32 PM   #13
Rookie

Wasn't just DD pitch speed was slow for everything online. I would just adjust sliders and maybe find a zoomed out camera. "Gives" you more time at the plate.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:19 PM   #14
Rookie

I couldn’t pull the ball on the new speeds in like 6 games in directional hitting ... two clicks down on pitch speed and the double down the lines are back!

Old 03-30-2018, 07:24 PM   #15
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRickyRun24
I couldn’t pull the ball on the new speeds in like 6 games in directional hitting ... two clicks down on pitch speed and the double down the lines are back!

Two clicks? Wow, it was supposedly a ‘slight adjustment’ to the speed, so I had been trying 1 click adjustments as I’ve been struggling too with it...too fast or too slow and I have issues.

Will have to try out the 2 click adjustment tonight.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #16
Pro

No.27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Two clicks? Wow, it was supposedly a ‘slight adjustment’ to the speed, so I had been trying 1 click adjustments as I’ve been struggling too with it...too fast or too slow and I have issues.

Will have to try out the 2 click adjustment tonight.

Confirm 2 clicks for me and it is working well. I now have similar pitch speed slider numbers as last year if that helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »