Home

Online hickup after ball hits the bat...

This is a discussion on Online hickup after ball hits the bat... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2018, 04:03 AM   #1
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Online hickup after ball hits the bat...

Online has been very smooth this year but why is there always a small hickup right after the ball hits the bat. This way you never get that satisfying feeling when you square up a pitch really good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2018, 06:02 AM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Online hickup after ball hits the bat...

It probably has to do with the game re-syncing on the pitcher's side after slowing down during the pitch. They do this to compensate for the lag so you don't have to swing early as in older versions of the game.

Maybe a better method would be to just have the pitcher do the meter a bit more before his windup and then have the re-sync happen immediately after the meter, but before the pitch is delivered, that way they don't have to slow things down so much on the pitcher's side and then the re-sync isn't so visually jarring.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-01-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #3
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah it’s probably something like that and I applaud SCEA for getting online to work smoothly but the ball leaving the bat is a pretty important moment if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

they talked about that in one of their streams of the dev tournament. It's intentional. I don't play online , and seeing this stutter off the bat makes me want to stay even further away.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #5
MVP

Houston's Arena

This was in online leagues for past 4 years. As mentioned when the ball hits the bat you get that delay before the ball is being launched or hit off the bat.

I hated it when there was online leagues gets very annoying after awhile, that and the slow pitch speed using broadcast pitching was beyond frustrating didn't look realistic at all and I guess online was suppose to be reworked and play smoother, but seems like the same annoying issues still exist.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #6
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Yeah, was really hoping to see a smoother online hitting/pitching experience this year since they said they rebuilt online from the ground up. Seems like we mainly just got more reliable servers and faster DD menus. I still find it interesting that MLB 2K10 had a really smooth online experience in terms of pitching/hitting (no delays or slowdowns) and that was 8 years ago (sure, the gameplay itself was nowhere near The Show, but 2K definitely nailed the netcode, which is something SDS has never been able to achieve). Hopefully SDS can get it right eventually, but seems like we've been saying that forever. Maybe next year...
Old 04-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #7
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Yeah, was really hoping to see a smoother online hitting/pitching experience this year since they said they rebuilt online from the ground up. Seems like we mainly just got more reliable servers and faster DD menus. I still find it interesting that MLB 2K10 had a really smooth online experience in terms of pitching/hitting (no delays or slowdowns) and that was 8 years ago (sure, the gameplay itself was nowhere near The Show, but 2K definitely nailed the netcode, which is something SDS has never been able to achieve). Hopefully SDS can get it right eventually, but seems like we've been saying that forever. Maybe next year...
Did they really rebuild it from the ground up? LOL because it looks and feels the same way to me and same issues are still there tells me they probably did 50/50 noway it was a complete tear down.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:48 PM   #8
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Supposedly the reason for removing Online Franchise was that they "rewrote the entire server code" and didn't have time to put it back in:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...34&postcount=4

I guess maybe that didn't apply to all the actual netcode that affected gameplay though despite a lot of us hoping it would to justify the removal of modes.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-01-2018 at 10:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »