Home

Online Modes?

This is a discussion on Online Modes? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2018, 04:04 AM   #1
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Online Modes?

With the focus from SDS on making online play more stable, figured I'd revisit it this year after a long hiatus (last time I tried it a few years ago it was so laggy it was basically unplayable).

So now I'm wondering: Is it possible to play with a friend online in Play Now mode? I can't seem to find the option. Is online play strictly limited to DD?

Seems like the ideal scenario would be to have the ability to invite your friend to play as the other team in any offline mode (Pretty sure this is how MLB 2K used to do it...would also take a bit of the sting out of the lack of online franchise if we could at least have our friends play against us in our regular franchise games).

Also, is it possible to play co-op online or is that offline only as well?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 05:38 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Online Modes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
With the focus from SDS on making online play more stable, figured I'd revisit it this year after a long hiatus (last time I tried it a few years ago it was so laggy it was basically unplayable).

So now I'm wondering: Is it possible to play with a friend online in Play Now mode? I can't seem to find the option. Is online play strictly limited to DD?

Seems like the ideal scenario would be to have the ability to invite your friend to play as the other team in any offline mode (Pretty sure this is how MLB 2K used to do it...would also take a bit of the sting out of the lack of online franchise if we could at least have our friends play against us in our regular franchise games).

Also, is it possible to play co-op online or is that offline only as well?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah, you should be able to play a friend in play now (unranked, of course). Bring up the quick menu with the touchpad button and go to your friends list. From there you should be able to send out a game invite to anyone on there. And the received challenges should show up in "game challenges" in that same quick menu.

As for other offline modes it's not possible normally, but if both players have really fast internet you might be able to pull off a Share Play to simulate both of you being on the same console. This is a little beyond my capability so you're better off asking someone who can actually use that feature if you want more info.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #3
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Thanks Bcruise. Would be really cool if they made it possible. Postseason mode would also be fun with friends as well.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

You can invite your friend to play how Bcruise explained but keep in mind these games are only in FAST PLAY with all the great presentation you would get in BROADCAST mode is cut out.

I would highly recommend you try share-play if both persons internet is at least 60 speed and above. You need to do a speed test and make sure your both in the blue area preferably mid blue.

Now once you have achieved this most sliders are fine, but the host will always see everything as a normal game while the other person will see it in 720P and the hitting is behind. What you can do to fix most of it is put pitch speed at 0-3 for both and it fixes a lot of it. Using the pitch speed at 0 looks the same as it on 5 when using share-play for some reason.

I am a big time online franchise person and when word was released it was removed it was bad new foe me and a good friend among others who only play this game for online franchise among friends etc.

The one thing about online leagues for this game is that you never seen the same thing on the field at times with who your playing, it sometimes would warp as well. I remember in MLB 16 they made it FAST PLAY only and we hated it and refused to play it because both really enjoy all the presentation in broadcast mode has to offer.

So we started using share-play then and I had to get my internet raised to a higher speed. Share-play is not perfect by any means, but it gives you chance to play in a real franchise with all the bells and whistles with a friend or two.

They did bring back broadcast mode in online franchise for MLB 17 and it still works right now, but to remove the mode all together for 18 again is a sad thing for us league only guys.

So if you need any help or assistance with share-play I will try to help you where I can.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:04 AM   #5
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Thank you Houston. Really appreciate the detailed information.

Unfortunately the friend I wanted to play with doesn't have a fast enough connection for Share Play.

Oh how I wish Friend challenges were built-in for all modes...

Also, imagine how cool it would be to play a co-op franchise with a friend? Or any mode as co-op for that matter. With Co-op gaming being so popular these days, it could be huge for The Show if they marketed it as a main feature.

Seems like a lot of missed opportunities for SDS

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-08-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 05:29 AM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Thank you Houston. Really appreciate the detailed information.

Unfortunately the friend I wanted to play with doesn't have a fast enough connection for Share Play.

Oh how I wish Friend challenges were built-in for all modes...

Also, imagine how cool it would be to play a co-op franchise with a friend? Or any mode as co-op for that matter. With Co-op gaming being so popular these days, it could be huge for The Show if they marketed it as a main feature.

Seems like a lot of missed opportunities for SDS
Oh I do agree it is a lot of fun and wish we just had the option as well to invite a friends actually inside our offline franchise.

The benefits in the share play is the following.

1. You have the availability to save a offline franchise game and continue it at a later time if u wanted to something you cant do in a online franchise game.

2. If your internet drops, thunderstorm or an emergency happens you can just start another share-play without losing your game.

3. Using share-play and playing offline you can adjust sliders as you play, test this or that same as offline by yourself, but online you could never adjust sliders during a game Vs. a friend.

Now the annoying thing about share-play is you only get 1 hr and you half to make another share-play but your game does not end, you just pause your game make another share-play with your friend he would still be in the same party you just half to keep making another share-play until your games over or your done playing your friend.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:27 PM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Thanks again Houston. I really wish my friend had a faster connection so we could do Share Play. He lives on campus at the moment so his options are limited.

Hopefully next year SDS will expand the multiplayer options so we won't have to resort to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »