Home

Bug at bat - The ball goes through the bat

This is a discussion on Bug at bat - The ball goes through the bat within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #25
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bug at bat - The ball goes through the bat

In a way if you think about it, clutch senarios are basically comeback codes. Attribute bonuses in key situations late in the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #26
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drty_Windshield
In a way if you think about it, clutch senarios are basically comeback codes. Attribute bonuses in key situations late in the game...
Not the way it is usually explained, i.e., doesn’t matter who is batting, players will mysteriously drop balls, pitchers will hit a home run, base running blunder, all scripted into the game by the developers. Nothing you can do about it, you can’t stop it.

I would shelve this game, if so.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #27

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I actually think this is a fair statement. I've never been a big fan of the clutch component of the game (nor do I believe in any sort of pre-determined scripting).

But I agree that allowing for an artificial burst in a given scenario or time of the game could be perceived as a sort of comeback code.

Where I disagree though is that that happens to teams who are ahead as well. We just don't talk about those situations because a team expanding on their lead wouldn't fall into the "comeback code" category.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #28
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Yeah, I don't know... but I just finished playing a game where I had a big lead, been pitching great all game, pitcher wasn't tired or anything, and out of nowhere BOOM, it's like the other team couldn't loose. It might have been 10% my fault , but it was for sure 90% a come back that shouldn't of happened. I was so mad I almost quit the game and started over, but I didn't even though I should have.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:16 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know... but I just finished playing a game where I had a big lead, been pitching great all game, pitcher wasn't tired or anything, and out of nowhere BOOM, it's like the other team couldn't loose. It might have been 10% my fault , but it was for sure 90% a come back that shouldn't of happened. I was so mad I almost quit the game and started over, but I didn't even though I should have.
Did you view the pitcher/batter analysis tool to assure you weren't pitching guys in a pattern? Make you weren't pitching hitters the same way because how you pitched them earlier was working?

Players will adapt to pitching styles. If you continue to pitch in a pattern or the same way (hard in then soft away) they will pick up those tendencies and adjust.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-12-2018, 07:19 PM   #30
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Did you view the pitcher/batter analysis tool to assure you weren't pitching guys in a pattern? Make you weren't pitching hitters the same way because how you pitched them earlier was working?

Players will adapt to pitching styles. If you continue to pitch in a pattern or the same way (hard in then soft away) they will pick up those tendencies and adjust.
I mean I'm not blaming the game for being scripted or anything, I just got my *** handed to me. I didn't look, but I always try to change it up a lil bit. I might not have deviated enough, who knows?
Old 04-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
I mean I'm not blaming the game for being scripted or anything, I just got my *** handed to me. I didn't look, but I always try to change it up a lil bit. I might not have deviated enough, who knows?
Just offering up some tips/suggestions.

I rely on the Pitcher/Batter analysis heavily. Wish it was more easily accessible.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 08:26 PM   #32
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Short, pretty clear. Heaven forbid they ever put a stadium creator in this game with all the collision detection that needs to go on. Boards will explode.
I wanna know exactly how they do ball -> stadium collision detection. It must be slick code.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »