Home

Who else would like to see improvements in terms of managers/coaches?

This is a discussion on Who else would like to see improvements in terms of managers/coaches? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Who else would like to see improvements in terms of managers/coaches?

I'd like to be able to fully edit the names, body types, and faces for all managers and coaches. Make it a carousel system too where you and the CPU can hire and fire managers and coaches. If the Rays are having a horrible season especially hitting the ball, you should be able to hire the Red Sox' hitting coach as your next manager. If a team wants to hire a fired manager as their pitching coach or 3rd base coach, it should be able to do it as well. Also, make the managers of the minor league teams fully customizable too. If the A's want to hire the Nashville Sounds' manager as their next manager, they should be able to do it.

In my opinion, this should be the big time new feature for 2019.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Question Re: Who else would like to see improvements in terms of managers/coaches?

I think more customization is always a good idea. And not to hijack this thread (I promise this will be the only quesiton), but what does the farm director even do and does he have an influence on your farm system? I heard training is pretty much useless in franchise
Old 06-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #3
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

Re: Who else would like to see improvements in terms of managers/coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexbuffchest
I think more customization is always a good idea. And not to hijack this thread (I promise this will be the only quesiton), but what does the farm director even do and does he have an influence on your farm system? I heard training is pretty much useless in franchise
I've always wondered the same myself about the farm director. If you look at the Braves' organization, they have a manager, bench coach, hitting coach, assistant hitting coach, pitching coach, 1st base coach, 3rd base coach, bullpen coach, bullpen catcher, and catching coach. I'd like to see the farm director replaced by a bench coach. Make it where you can upload the managers' and coaches' faces from Google.

I'm aware this would take a lot more data, but I've always thought SDS should release two versions of The Show. One will be a Franchise version containing both online and offline options. The other version would be for Diamond Dynasty and Road to the Show. Sell each for $39.99 or a bundle set for $59.99. I've never had any interest in DD or RTTS. I'd like to see SDS have more space to add features that they can't now because of limitations.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I agree with the OP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #5
MVP

A minor change I'd like would be the third base coach could have an aggressiveness rating to determine how often he sends or holds runners.

Overall I think they have it about right. Managers and coaches should have a minor impact on the game but shouldn't overpower player attributes. The final NCAA football game had a coach attribute tree which could be added to as the coach gained experience and had a powerful impact on the game. I wouldn't want to see the show go in that direction.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #6
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Make them completely editable. The faces in these groups are really bad. The farm director in a baseball cap?
Old 06-04-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
Pro

Herschie's Arena

For someone who loves classic rosters, I'd love it if we could put Jim Frey, Don Zimmer, or Jim LeFebvre in the Cubs dugout. Nothing against Maddon.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:32 PM   #8
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
For someone who loves classic rosters, I'd love it if we could put Jim Frey, Don Zimmer, or Jim LeFebvre in the Cubs dugout. Nothing against Maddon.
I’m sure that someone who is good w/faces could come up w/a good Zimmer. Make them importable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »