Home

programmed bias of CPU against human batter early in the count

This is a discussion on programmed bias of CPU against human batter early in the count within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: programmed bias of CPU against human batter early in the count

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
The pitchers confidence at the time also matters. It is much harder to get a hit when the pitchers confidence is high. After a few first pitch swinging outs, the pitchers confidence goes up and his energy also doesn't drop as fast.

Isn't there also and AI learning aspect? Like if you keep swinging at the first pitch then the pitcher will start throwing junk on the first pitch because he knows you're swinging. If your taking more pitches then the odds of getting a sweet pitch goes up. At least that is my experience, I may be way off.
Yes the AI will adapt to your tendencies at the plate. So if you are constantly swinging at the first pitch the AI is going to adapt and make changes to its pitching strategy.

And you're not way off at all in your approach in that seeing more pitches will increase the odds of you getting a pitch in your hitters preferred zone. The chances of a pitcher making a mistake in location definitely go up with more pitches seen.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #18
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Good call, I've done that too:

Legend difficulty, no slider changes except for fielder run speed down 2 (which, yes, inflates offense but it was still a consistent slider value through the whole season, therefore the comparison works).

I'm not really buying into this. I was pretty bad with 2 strikes on me. If anything I probably hit better than I should have early in the count.

3-0 is the biggest surprise there though - I guess I get a little too swing-happy and hit into some unlucky outs in that count.
Wow, I have never played much RTTS and that screen showing the player performance broken down by count is the kind of thing I'd love to see in franchise mode.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:20 PM   #19
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Ive seen it talked about twice in articles posted by Steve on OS but I could only find the one.

https://www.operationsports.com/mlb-...d-to-the-show/

No idea if it’s real or perceived and I don’t know the author Elliot Jenkins or his credentials but it was implied in this article as a fact lol.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #20
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

OVR: 0

I notice after 2 strikes or two pitches that the PCI size does get bigger for a lot of players. Marginally bigger, but nevertheless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »