Home

Broken record

This is a discussion on Broken record within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Broken record

someone really needs to sticky this issue and the solution (I have heard multiple times it is play the first inning of the first game at least then it clears). This comes up multiple times a year in multiple threads. We have a 'bug' sticky: should we create an FAQ/Answer sticky for these frequently encountered issues?
Old 08-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

I'm sorry I don't know how to post a link to another thread, but there were two threads earlier this year that may provide some help:

"Forgot to start and quit first game bug" from April 7

"How to avoid the HR glitch" from April 2
Old 08-05-2018, 09:14 AM   #11
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Well i just got in the game and figured out that if you just dont do Advance Day, but simply play or individually sim one game it stops it for good.

So after you finish one day, just go to the next day without Advance Day. You can do Advance Day for every day after this.

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 08-05-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #12
MVP

forme95's Arena

You dont have to play the first game on the schedule. You can play your game first. Just dont go through and sim each game before you play opening day. Play your game, and then sim.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 08-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
You dont have to play the first game on the schedule. You can play your game first. Just dont go through and sim each game before you play opening day. Play your game, and then sim.
What i am saying is you can go ahead and individually sim all games first, like always, then play your game, so that live scores are available in-game.

To avoid the glitch, all you have to do is, on any given day, go to the next day on the calendar and start the next day as usual but Do Not use advance day. The glitch will never come back.

It works the same way except you can go about business as usual, and still have live scores that game.

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 08-05-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
What i am saying is you can go ahead and individually sim all games first, like always, then play your game, so that live scores are available in-game.

To avoid the glitch, all you have to do is, on any given day, go to the next day on the calendar and start the next day as usual but Do Not use advance day. The glitch will never come back.

It works the same way except you can go about business as usual, and still have live scores that game.
So i just started the Twins/Orioles game, let them throw 1 pitch, then simmed to the end of the game. That got rid of the broken records.

If I now use Advance Day, does the bug come back or is it gone for the rest of the season?
Old 08-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedefeld
So i just started the Twins/Orioles game, let them throw 1 pitch, then simmed to the end of the game. That got rid of the broken records.

If I now use Advance Day, does the bug come back or is it gone for the rest of the season?
It should be gone. Thats really unnecessary and its just the more inconvenient method. You really could just skip one day of the radio show on any given day to fix it.

As long as it works that's all that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2018, 02:03 PM   #16

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey

Sounds easy enough. I'll try this next time I fire the game up. If I'm understanding correctly I basically complete the day but to advance to the next day instead of using the actual advance day option I simply manually go to the next day and sim all the CPU games as usual and that will get rid of the glitch? From that point forward I can then continue using the actual advance day option? Thanks man, appreciate you figuring this out as it was driving me nuts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »