Home

Batting Feedback: Let's Talk About This

This is a discussion on Batting Feedback: Let's Talk About This within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 11:48 AM   #17
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Batting Feedback: Let's Talk About This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
Changing what makes you play comfortably with the game is not the way to fix it either, that's cheap. I shouldn't have to change the way I'm comfortable playing the game to enjoy it.

And I'm still experiencing the CPU fouling off crazy amounts of balls in at-bats every now and then. I had one in a game against Detroit yesterday where Miki Mahtook fouled off 7 pitches not once but twice. That's with CPU foul frequency on 0. He fouled off 2 that were literally in the dirt.
That's it for me, good grief. I didn't tell you that things didn't need some work in the game. It was in regards to your "nerves" and having FUN. You know.....FUN. I'm sorry, but I take what you post with a grain of salt. I'm beginning to think what you're doing is done with a purpose, so you'll get nothing else from me.

Just have a little mercy on the rest and post in the impressions thread instead of making another thread of what you can't figure out. Not up to me, just a suggestion.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:00 PM   #18
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
This is exactly why i have not even tried to help. It, yet again, seems to me like help isn't being sought. It seems more like wanting to find someone to agree with you that the entire game us broken. To me, it wastes these people's time who actually take time and effort to detail out how to help you, and makes it fruitless.

I wrote this post yesterday but didn't push send because apparently it would be viewed by some on here as condescending or rude etc, but here it is. If it hurts any feelings i apologize in advance:

At the risk of this being misunderstood as being condescending, i will ask this question - is there honestly anything good about MLB the Show? I really mean that.

Because catchers are morons, fielding needs an overhaul, baserunning is bugged, free agency is total cheese, quick manage logic is disastrous, you dont get franchise notifications, players aren't urgent enough, and now, PCI/Feedback is broken and somehow actually even getting worse as you go along. Did i miss anything? Because that is basically every aspect of the Show.

I think i actually remembering you saying you liked your bullpen or something one time.

I wouldn't doubt that some of these problems may exist in the game to some degree or another. Especially if you haven't found the right settings for your skill level. But when you are constantly saying the game is bugged/broken in just about every conceivable area, yet you continue to play the game, it becomes increasingly more difficult for people who have read your other posts/threads to take posts like this seriously at all. Even if there might be validity to it.

It's honestly getting old to me, day after day. If it is rude to point out I apologize.
I understand where you're coming from, and you probably wonder why I'm still playing the game. That's because it's a Sports game and I've stick through a sports game no matter what. Because well, I love the sport. I've played every Madden game from 98 up to 2018. Every single one. Every NCAA game as well.

This is just my 2nd MLB: The Show game. My first since 2013.

But I'm actually having these issues. My feedback is egregiously off at times. Fielding has been atrocious for me. Player's urgency has been stupid at times.

4 years ago I pre-ordered Total War: Rome II. If you don't know what that game is, well, just know it had an absolutely disastrously buggy launch.

I didn't have a single bug that people reported. Not one. I experienced literally no bugs at all.

My point with that is, I'm experiencing bugs with the game that you and others aren't. Whether it be feedback errors or fielding bugs. Things will happen to others that won't happen to you.

Sports, in general, is frustrating. Ken Giles didn't say "Ah, **** you man" to A.J. Hinch for no reason. But when you couple the frustrations of sports into the frustrations of video game bugs that affect your gameplay, it causes some real anger to come out.

To answer your question about whether there is anything good with the show, plenty. I am having a far more enjoyable experience with the game than I am having a frustrating one. But when it is frustrating, it is extremely frustrating.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #19
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
That's it for me, good grief. I didn't tell you that things didn't need some work in the game. It was in regards to your "nerves" and having FUN. You know.....FUN. I'm sorry, but I take what you post with a grain of salt. I'm beginning to think what you're doing is done with a purpose, so you'll get nothing else from me.

Just have a little mercy on the rest and post in the impressions thread instead of making another thread of what you can't figure out. Not up to me, just a suggestion.
To begin with, this was less of a thread about this feature is broken, and more of one on how they can improve this particular feature and what it's lacking on.

I'm a noob at some things and I make mistakes because I don't know about certain things. The quick manage logic being one of those

I'm just trying to point out issues where I see them, if it's on me, fine, I'll fix it and move on. But sometimes, it's not on me, and I can't fix it because it's a game issue.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:36 PM   #20
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
My point with that is, I'm experiencing bugs with the game that you and others aren't. Whether it be feedback errors or fielding bugs. Things will happen to others that won't happen to you.
This is what i always have a problem with. Your experience is not unique. Your copy isn't unique. I promise - if you go to the store and buy a used copy of MLB 18, you will see zero difference. If that is the case, the common denominator is the user himself, along with his settings.

If i really believed i was experiencing bugs no one else is experiencing, i would buy another copy and throw my old one away. If you really want to end your frustrations, just trade in your current copy for another one. But we both know this is not the problem.

As i have said before, no copy is unique (other than slight differences in patches). I experienced a lot of "bugs" before I got my settings and skill level balanced. I got frustrated at times trying to get there. Is the game perfect? No. But it's awesome. And no longer frustrating, other than the common frustrations that come in any 162 game season.

If you are having this many problems, the vast majority of what you are seeing is not a "bug" problem, or a "game" problem. It seems to me that it is either a settings problem or a pessimism problem.

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 07-29-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #21
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
This is what i always have a problem with. Your experience is not unique. Your copy isn't unique. I promise - if you go to the store and buy a used copy of MLB 18, you will see zero difference. If that is the case, the common denominator is the user himself, along with his settings.

If i really believed i was experiencing bugs no one else is experiencing, i would buy another copy and throw my old one away. If you really want to end your frustrations, just trade in your current copy for another one. But we both know this is not the problem.

As i have said before, no copy is unique (other than slight differences in patches). I experienced a lot of "bugs" before I got my settings and skill level balanced. I got frustrated at times trying to get there. Is the game perfect? No. But it's awesome. And no longer frustrating, other than the common frustrations that come in any 162 game season.

If you are having this many problems, the vast majority of what you are seeing is not a "bug" problem, or a "game" problem. It is either a settings problem or a pessimism problem.
Did you not see my point about Rome II? Bugs don't happen to everyone. I see countless posts of people in different video games having bugs that I am not having. Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they don't happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2018, 12:56 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Did you not see my point about Rome II? Bugs don't happen to everyone. I see countless posts of people in different video games having bugs that I am not having. Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they don't happen.
Then what causes the difference? It has to be either the copy of the game, the ps4 itself, or the way the user perceives the game.

If you traded copies of Rome II with someone who was experiencing bugs, which person would now see the bugs?
Old 07-29-2018, 01:03 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Not to go too far off topic, but since the OP did introduce it into the discussion, Rome II was a pc game and IMO that had a lot of why there were such drastic user experiences.

Also, it could be that the feedback is correct and the replay is actually whats screwy.

A Work in Progress
Old 07-29-2018, 01:09 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Not to go too far off topic, but since the OP did introduce it into the discussion, Rome II was a pc game and IMO that had a lot of why there were such drastic user experiences.

Also, it could be that the feedback is correct and the replay is actually whats screwy.
I have only heard of Rome II so yeah that may make a difference. I know for a fact that replay isn't an exact representation of what really happened. Its close, but when it comes to bat/ball contact it can definitely be off. And i am fine with it. It is a good artist's representation.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »