Home

I need to know

This is a discussion on I need to know within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2018, 04:07 AM   #9
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I need to know

I usually don't aim unless I really need a sac fly.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:02 PM   #10
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I usually don't aim unless I really need a sac fly.
So u just swing that different
Old 08-13-2018, 11:44 PM   #11
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
So u just swing that different
I do and I love the results. The ball goes with the pitch location and timing of my swing. It’s basically like playing zone hitting except the CPU moves the PCI for you based on stats, tendencies, etc. Best of both worlds, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 09:11 AM   #12
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

Quote:
I do and I love the results. The ball goes with the pitch location and timing of my swing. It’s basically like playing zone hitting except the CPU moves the PCI for you based on stats, tendencies, etc. Best of both worlds, imo.
Dude thanks I’m going to try it now cuz I been playing this game since it first came out and still having troubles hitting.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
Can someone explain me why, on these images, I didn't make contact with the ball. I mean, not even a foul.

If you're on Directional, it depends on where the player put his PCI.

The accuracy of PCI placement has several factors: your timing, the type of swing you do (influence or no, what influence, contact/power/normal swing), hitting difficulty level, pitch effectiveness (what release the pitcher got), H/9 and K/9, Movement, Contact Rating, Contact/Timing/Foul Frequency sliders, Control and Consistency sliders.

All of these in some way impact the likelihood of good/perfect/bad placement and the resulting swing result.

Additionally, the Plate Vision rating (along with K/9 and probably the individual pitch's Movement rating) impacts the result when the hitter gets a bad PCI placement. One of the big things it governs is Miss vs Foul on bad PCI placements.

Since it's randomized - pitch location in and of itself doesn't impact PCI placement success. It's just the locations near the center are "harder to miss" with the PCI...but it's not out of the question.

Don't go by the PCI location on the feedback. For whatever universe-only-knows-why reason, they removed showing you where the hitter placed his PCI for Timing/Directional interface, and it leads to questions like yours.

If it was like it was - you could see where the player was swinging and likely have more idea on why you missed those pitches.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #14
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Got a similar game going on right now. So frustrating to get good timing and to only get okay or weak contact on fastballs that are pretty much middle middle and the result is just a weak fly ball. Wouldn't be so bad if I weren't losing 4-2 because of a 3-run blast I gave up. But it's frustrating to get good timing and get a weak fly ball that goes nowhere.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 08-15-2018, 03:47 PM   #15
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

Do u ever hit for power

Quote:
Usually with the replay you can see if you swing over or under it, which you can’t tell at all from the swing analysis on directional.

However when you time it perfectly and you think you should’ve got a piece, you truly did just miss it and that’s part of the dice roll that is directional hitting. As a directional hitter, you either have to roll with the punches and accept that you aren’t going to make contact on every perfectly timed swing or give analog a whirl and take more control

I personally feel like directional is pretty balanced and I like how it takes stats and attributes into account to determine the results, and eventually the near misses don’t frustrate you as much because it happens to even the best big leaguers in real life. If you’re successful 3 out of 10 times tho:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 04:45 PM   #16
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Do u ever hit for power
Very rarely. Only in a 3 ball count with a high power guy, but even then it can be risky and not worth it so I stick to normal swing 90% of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »