Home

Create a Stadium?

This is a discussion on Create a Stadium? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2018, 01:27 AM   #25
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Create a Stadium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
There have been improvements to franchise mode

* Improving trade logic each year

* improved cpu roster management

* morale system

* player quirks

* 20/80 rating scale for players in draft

* improved draft

* more realistic budget system

* carryover saves

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Very few of these are substantial or have much effect.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2018, 05:07 AM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Create a Stadium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Very few of these are substantial or have much effect.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Whether someone views them as substantial or not, they are still improvements made to franchise mode.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 11-24-2018 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:15 PM   #27
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
There have been improvements to franchise mode

* Improving trade logic each year

* improved cpu roster management

* morale system

* player quirks

* 20/80 rating scale for players in draft

* improved draft

* more realistic budget system

* carryover saves

*Trade logic is total crap still. The majority of trades that happen don't make one lick of sense.

*CPU roster management is total crap still. Have you seen some of the lineups that still happen? Have you seen the way the CPU handles their bullpen? It doesn't make any sense. Why are the worst arms always used unless it's a "save" situation? Why is the starting pitcher pulled in the 7th or 8th inning with 75-85 pitches and no runs allowed?

*Morale system is majorly flawed.

*Do the player quirks actually have any impact on the actual game play results?

*20/80 rating system for the draft was a great idea.

*Still not enough players in the draft. It's said that there's not enough players to have a full 10 round draft. Why are there so few players?

*The budget system is a good idea but needs to be done better or at least explained in detail to make it make more sense for off-season portion of the game. Like that whole "bank" deal. I still haven't figured out exactly what the point of that is.

*Carryover saves is a nice idea and works well.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-25-2018, 02:49 PM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
*Trade logic is total crap still. The majority of trades that happen don't make one lick of sense.
I don't know. As someone who is now in year 6 of a carryover save from MLB '16, I see the trades that are made making sense as you watch teams build/manage their roster over time.

Quote:
*CPU roster management is total crap still. Have you seen some of the lineups that still happen? Have you seen the way the CPU handles their bullpen? It doesn't make any sense. Why are the worst arms always used unless it's a "save" situation? Why is the starting pitcher pulled in the 7th or 8th inning with 75-85 pitches and no runs allowed?
Again something else that I don't view as "crap". This year has been the best year I've seen of CPU teams managing their roster and building it. Balancing out their roster with the 90 spots available. I also feel that the handling of the bullpen is the best its been thus far with the CPU doing better at lefty vs lefty matchups and the like. I also see them using their best arms when available. And I haven't seen very many times, actually I've only seen it happen in close games, where the CPU pulls their starting pitcher after 75-85 pitches and no runs allowed, unless their starter is gassed due to low stamina.

Quote:
*Morale system is majorly flawed.
The only part of morale that I don't like is when a guy is called up and then he's upset that he's not making the league minimum. Other than that, I don't really mind it. It needs to be expanded upon though, that is for sure.

Quote:
*Do the player quirks actually have any impact on the actual game play results?
I believe so...yes.

Quote:
*20/80 rating system for the draft was a great idea.
Agreed

Quote:
*Still not enough players in the draft. It's said that there's not enough players to have a full 10 round draft. Why are there so few players?
Because there are only 90 available roster spots. They need to expand the roster spots to at least 100, although 125 would be ideal. Until then, the draft is going to continue to be short and with fewer players because there simply isn't room for the roster turnover.

Quote:
*The budget system is a good idea but needs to be done better or at least explained in detail to make it make more sense for off-season portion of the game. Like that whole "bank" deal. I still haven't figured out exactly what the point of that is.
The budget system is cumbersome, but once you get the idea of it, I could never go back to the old system. I absolutely love the new budget system, although they need to provide us with more information up front instead of making us determine it.

The bank is what determines how much of a payroll increase you receive in the offseason. Part of the bank is kept by the owner and the rest is put into your overall payroll budget. Again, it needs to be expanded upon, but I like the concept.

Quote:
*Carryover saves is a nice idea and works well.
Single greatest franchise addition to any sports game in my humble opinion

Old 11-26-2018, 01:04 AM   #29
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
Again something else that I don't view as "crap". This year has been the best year I've seen of CPU teams managing their roster and building it. Balancing out their roster with the 90 spots available. I also feel that the handling of the bullpen is the best its been thus far with the CPU doing better at lefty vs lefty matchups and the like. I also see them using their best arms when available. And I haven't seen very many times, actually I've only seen it happen in close games, where the CPU pulls their starting pitcher after 75-85 pitches and no runs allowed, unless their starter is gassed due to low stamina.

I just don't see how you can say this. The CPU routinely has relief pitchers pitch 2 or 3 inning stints on a regular basis and that's just not the way real baseball works. In real baseball a pitcher isn't going to pitch 2 1/3 innings while giving up 5 hits and 4 runs and still be in the game with over 40 pitches thrown. Not a middle relief pitcher like Tyler Thornburg. That is what I'm talking about. This is a routine issue with The Show. It doesn't matter if I'm playing the game or simming, its always happening. It's like the CPU is managing like it's 1979 as far as that area of bullpen use is concerned. Back in those days it was routine for a team to play a game and only use 1 or 2 pitchers in the game. But now days it's routine for a team to use 4-6 pitchers per game.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-26-2018, 06:47 AM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Create a Stadium?

Quote:
I just don't see how you can say this. The CPU routinely has relief pitchers pitch 2 or 3 inning stints on a regular basis and that's just not the way real baseball works. In real baseball a pitcher isn't going to pitch 2 1/3 innings while giving up 5 hits and 4 runs and still be in the game with over 40 pitches thrown. Not a middle relief pitcher like Tyler Thornburg. That is what I'm talking about. This is a routine issue with The Show. It doesn't matter if I'm playing the game or simming, its always happening. It's like the CPU is managing like it's 1979 as far as that area of bullpen use is concerned. Back in those days it was routine for a team to play a game and only use 1 or 2 pitchers in the game. But now days it's routine for a team to use 4-6 pitchers per game.

I can say it because it has been my experience when playing the game.

Last edited by countryboy; 11-26-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #31
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
I can say it because it has been my experience when playing the game.

So you never see middle relief pitchers go 2 or 3 innings on a regular basis when playing or simming games? You must have a different version of the game than I do. Game I was playing last night. They finally took Thornburg out of the game after 3+ innings and after he gave up 7 runs. That happens to me on a regular basis and I know for sure I'm not the only one.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

Last edited by AUTiger1; 11-26-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2018, 02:42 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
So you never see middle relief pitchers go 2 or 3 innings on a regular basis when playing or simming games? You must have a different version of the game than I do. Game I was playing last night. They finally took Thornburg out of the game after 3+ innings and after he gave up 7 runs. That happens to me on a regular basis and I know for sure I'm not the only one.
On a regular basis? No I haven't.

I've seen it happen but usually the situation of the game doesn't cause me to view it as anything being wrong with the CPU bullpen management. Typically the game is out of hand or the reliever's pitch count is low so them going an extra inning isn't alarming.

And everyone here knows that I get a special version of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »