Home

MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream Schedule Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream Schedule Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2019, 09:47 PM   #145
Rookie

bases1616's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream Schedule Revealed

I am looking around and don't see any mention if you purchase the MVP edition or above editions that you get the game on Friday March 22nd. I know in the past this was the case at Gamestop, etc. Anyone know?
Cleveland Guardians
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #146
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I for one just need a refreshed UI and I'm good. Put some of the things I click on in slightly different places on the screen is all I ask.

All kidding aside, the franchise mode player's best case outcome right now seems to be...

(1) hope for substantial upgrades in ratings/gameplay and perhaps...just maybe even new ratings for defense
(2) hope for better commentary and more dynamic/situational commentary that shows the game is keeping track of your save
(3) hope that contract extensions are a piece of revamping contracts in general (greater than 10 years, greater than $31M/yr, escalating, de-escalating, flat, a better bonus/buyout system)...hope they don't add contract extensions only to screw up the implementation or unbalance something else...
(4) hope for a half-dozen improvements in AI/logic that are too minor for them to even list on the stream schedule

I am still playing OOTP in February so it's no great loss to me if I end up skipping The Show 2 years running.

EDIT: I'll also say that I knew there was a video (and probably a stream schedule) coming today and this was something like the 3rd forum I visited on OS today. Kind of shows to me that my expectation/excitement level is pretty doggone low unfortunately.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 02-05-2019 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #147
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616
I am looking around and don't see any mention if you purchase the MVP edition or above editions that you get the game on Friday March 22nd. I know in the past this was the case at Gamestop, etc. Anyone know?
this isn't a thing this year, Ramone said it on the official boards from what I saw earlier.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:20 PM   #148
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

What I really want is just franchise mode based

Rotation of interleague
And a budget system that is difficult but understanding. Like nba2k in my opinion. But with the obvious baseball rules

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

U mad Bro!!
Old 02-05-2019, 11:41 PM   #149
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Correct me if I'm wrong here...

But in previous years did franchise mode not have it's own, "day."

Here it's just a part of what's being covered on March 7th. If this is, in fact, the case. It could mark the beginning of the end for me with this game, which would be tremendously sad. For years, and years, and years, and years (I along with many on here), have watched as franchise mode has gotten virtually no attention. The last 2-3 years have been especially bad with the new, "features," simply being options and menu's, "brought to the forefront." Not even new features, but literally just menu's moved around. If this year it goes untouched, which I expect it to, and it isn't a main focus of one of their streams... God help us offline franchisers...

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-05-2019, 11:48 PM   #150
Banned

Barely a blurb about franchise or graphics. I think I will be out on this one.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:38 AM   #151
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Man this is truly disappointing.

The only way I buy this year's Show is if they added an option not to select an archetype in Rtts or have an archetype where you can max out your stats.

I want to and love playing as the GOAT of baseball...40+ HR's and 40+ steals in a season etc. Give me the option at least.

So keen to have a great franchise mode but I just have no hope in these guys. My confidence in SDS has dropped so low that I even doubt they implemented contract extensions properly and let's be honest...how much time could that addition have taken them to implement?

And given the amount of love or rather lack of love franchise has gotten over the last couple of years I doubt they went the extra mile to ensure AI logic around contract extensions is great.

Will keep an eye on the Rtts stream...but if that still forces you to play a certain way them I won't be buying 19....first time since 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2019, 03:00 AM   #152
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom less13
I read too much guessing game stuff, but could March to October be referring to the months? You know, the same ones a baseball season is mainly known for. And let me be the first to say March to November doesn't have the same ring to it...

Is there any other way to read it? That’s what I thought immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »