Home

MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - Hitting Improvements

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - Hitting Improvements within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2019, 03:49 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - Hitting Improvements

Armor I think you mean Carlos Santana and not Jose Ramirez from my posts.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2019, 03:53 PM   #74
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes Philles,

Senior moment

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #75
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
My problem with sliders is everyone is adjusted by the same scale. If I up Solid Hits across board to give contact hitters better contact and more 100 MPH batted balls, now Judge and Stanton are hitting 120 MPH line drives for HRs on regular.

These types of problems need to be remedied by devs. They admitted this was an issue and that contact hitters simply didn't have enough power/solid contact being made behind the scenes.

This was a much needed change.

Only 2 things I changed were solid hits and foul frequency to 4

HOF Directional hitting.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #76
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Only 2 things I changed were solid hits and foul frequency to 4

HOF Directional hitting.

I would think that would cause LESS balls in the gap for contact hitters. The problem SDS is remedying is the lack of "power" (not HR power) from contact hitters. Balls kinda just float when they hit it. One of the guys on stream called them "duck farts".

I am not saying your sliders aren't good, I know who you are, you do good work. But the devs are remedying, confirmed broken code, under the hood that sliders should not be solving for.

Out of the box Jose Ramirez should be just as valuable, if not more, than Giancarlo Stanton. The way The Show treated contact hitters in the past, not so much the case.

Again, I like the honesty, the willingness to address, and the thought process from SDS, as to why it was one way and now another in 2019.

And too be fair, Ramirez maybe is not a good example because he has other redeeming factors that make him good even in The Show. High Contact, High Vision, Discipline, Quirks, etc...and his power is decent.

But guys like Dee Gordon, who have ZERO power essentially, can still rip balls in the gap for for doubles and triples in real life. In MLB The Show 18 you do not see this for those types of hitters. They basically make him a singles hitter.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 02-15-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:50 PM   #77
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
I would think that would cause LESS balls in the gap for contact hitters. The problem SDS is remedying is the lack of "power" (not HR power) from contact hitters. Balls kinda just float when they hit it. One of the guys on stream called them "duck farts".

I am not saying your sliders aren't good, I know who you are, you do good work. But the devs are remedying, confirmed broken code, under the hood that sliders should not be solving for.

Out of the box Jose Ramirez should be just as valuable, if not more, than Giancarlo Stanton. The way The Show treated contact hitters in the past, not so much the case.

Again, I like the honesty, the willingness to address, and the thought process from SDS, as to why it was one way and now another in 2019.

And too be fair, Ramirez maybe is not a good example because he has other redeeming factors that make him good even in The Show. High Contact, High Vision, Discipline, Quirks, etc...and his power is decent.

But guys like Dee Gordon, who have ZERO power essentially, can still rip balls in the gap for for doubles and triples in real life. In MLB The Show 18 you do not see this for those types of hitters. They basically make him a singles hitter.

Yeah I made the solid hits adjustment to actually get more bloops and bleeders. As I saw too many hard hit balls. Gap doubles and sometimes triples were not an issue for me.

I agree with contact hitters needing more punch though. No disagreement at all. But in actuality 18 had the best hit variety to date and to me was the most balanced yet. But contact hitters had no real punch as you describe.

It will only get a lot better on 19 for sure and I am very excited to get my hands on the game and see it for myself!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 02-15-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #78
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Can we remove the R2 pitch types and bunt directions notification while batting, without it affecting pitching this year? It is un-needed and a distraction IMO.

As of now the only way removes pitch types when on the mound.

Thanks

Last edited by Bat; 02-15-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:27 PM   #79
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

If you need any more proof that SDS is focused solely on DD and online, just watch the hitting stream. It's not that the improvements they make to hitting won't potentially be of interest to offline players, it's that any improvement there is completely incidental to the offline experience.

Everything is couched in online terms, how it'll affect the DD players, how the tweaks they make affect the Meta game. I'm either too old to get frustrated or too over it to care much any longer, but I'm a little sad that one of my favorite series is abandoning any pretense towards holding my interest. I still like the core gameplay of batter vs pitcher, but man, I just can't get excited about playing online games against people who spam bunt buttons and rage quit if I steal a base.

I'll wait to see what the other improvements are, but it's looking like another year of stick with OOTP/wait until I can buy MLBtS used for half price.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:45 PM   #80
Rookie

I hate all this DD ****. *Could really just use some gameplay at this point.

Last edited by kehlis; 02-15-2019 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Let the language censor do it's thing please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »