Home

Pure Analog Hitting (Flick)

This is a discussion on Pure Analog Hitting (Flick) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #1
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2
Pure Analog Hitting (Flick)

Hey guys,

I've read in the past that Pure Analog Hitting (Flick) does not have a PCI. I have used the PAH since it originally came out many years ago, yet continue to believe that using the left analog as PCI effects the swing.

Is the right analog stick on Pure Analog Hitting the only thing that matters?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Pure Analog Hitting (Flick)

I could be wrong, but I believe you have the option to use the left stick to control the PCI, or you can leave it be and just use the right stick. If you just use the right stick then it essentially chooses for you based on hitters attributes.

This is the hitting style I use (my stick skills have declined with age). It seems as though the PCI stays in the middle more so this year than in years past though...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I use Pure Analog Stride and there is no PCI. I like the timing aspect of Pure Analog. You can flick right or left for protect or hit the ball that is aimed in that direction. You can also pull back for power and flick up or flick up then left or right for pitches pitched in that direction for of more PCI like approach, if you guess right you get better contact and even some good squared up hits.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #4
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I use Pure Analog Stride and there is no PCI. I like the timing aspect of Pure Analog. You can flick right or left for protect or hit the ball that is aimed in that direction. You can also pull back for power and flick up or flick up then left or right for pitches pitched in that direction for of more PCI like approach, if you guess right you get better contact and even some good squared up hits.
Huh? You're using analog stride and you think pulling back is for power and flicking right and left is for contact? No it's not, you always pill back for any hit type, you press square, circle and X before the pitch to determine your swing type. What you're speaking of is what SDS tried to do in 2015 to change analog stride and messed up royally.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysguy44
Huh? You're using analog stride and you think pulling back is for power and flicking right and left is for contact? No it's not, you always pill back for any hit type, you press square, circle and X before the pitch to determine your swing type. What you're speaking of is what SDS tried to do in 2015 to change analog stride and messed up royally.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm talking about the flick controls, not stride. The OP asked about flick controls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #6
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

yes otherwise it would be zone plus analog.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:52 PM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65

This is what I use as well and love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »