Home

MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - March to October, Franchise, Presentation, Commentary

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - March to October, Franchise, Presentation, Commentary within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2019, 11:15 PM   #377
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - March to October, Franchise, Presentation, Commen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
No injuries in MTO is killing the immersion and I don’t understand this design decision. For the best teams, RedSox,Yankees,Dodgers, part of the challenge is to keep key players healthy. If they lost one on injury, they usually have deep enough roster to cover that lost or they’ll try to trade for a good replacement. This is part of a baseball season and a key factor for a march to October.

Think it was possible to include injuries in a few scenarios. You lost your key Pitcher for 2 starts, let’s play 1 game or 2 with the #6 starter and try to achieve two quality starts.

Or, Mookie Betts can’t play in a decisive game 3 against Yankees, play this game with his replacement. That kind of things.

I could undertstand to limit season ending injuries or 3+ months ones but I think they missed the boat to create some interesting and challaging gaming scenarios.

What they need to do for MLBTS 20 is have the option to play with injuries but if you do that...it disables the rewards.

The rewards are the reason for default, out of the box rosters and no injuries. There has to be a level playing field in that regard.

I am not going to let the lack of injuries deter me from playing the mode. It is the first cycle with it.....and it looks like a lot of fun.

I am sure the mode can evolve in future iterations if it is well received.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-10-2019, 11:44 PM   #378
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - March to October, Franchise, Presentation, Commen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
No injuries in MTO is killing the immersion and I don’t understand this design decision. For the best teams, RedSox,Yankees,Dodgers, part of the challenge is to keep key players healthy. If they lost one on injury, they usually have deep enough roster to cover that lost or they’ll try to trade for a good replacement. This is part of a baseball season and a key factor for a march to October.

Think it was possible to include injuries in a few scenarios. You lost your key Pitcher for 2 starts, let’s play 1 game or 2 with the #6 starter and try to achieve two quality starts.

Or, Mookie Betts can’t play in a decisive game 3 against Yankees, play this game with his replacement. That kind of things.

I could undertstand to limit season ending injuries or 3+ months ones but I think they missed the boat to create some interesting and challaging gaming scenarios.
Agreed. They could have satisfied every player by issuing rewards through their current structure and also giving the option for injuries/custom rosters and receiving no rewards.

As someone that likes franchise, it would’ve been a really cool way to play Year 1 of a franchise and then just transition into Year 2 with the custom rosters. Most people that play Franchise don’t care about the rewards anyhow.

I’ll give it a look because I also play DD. But after a month or two when the rosters are in dire need of an update, it will be mostly unplayable for most people that need a certain level of realism.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:10 AM   #379
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

OVR: 2

Just saw the twitch stream...

The show is showing its age. Heidi looks like she's from the Ps3. Which made me look at all the players... uniforms, hands are stiff. Once I noticed it, i couldn't stop noticing the lack of graphic improvement over the years.

I've been buying sine 2010 and I feel like it's basically a roster update with some minor changes.

I'll pass.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2019, 03:43 AM   #380
Rookie

no problem, thanks.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:49 AM   #381
All Star

I don’t think I saw this mentioned in the thread. Who were the team specific Diamond legends they announced this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #382
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I don’t think I saw this mentioned in the thread. Who were the team specific Diamond legends they announced this week?

NYY- Lou Gehrig
PIT- Jason Kendall
can't remember the 3rd
Old 03-13-2019, 10:42 PM   #383
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

The rosters being locked don’t concern me too much. The mode is it’s own storyline and will be different every time.

Only thing about the default rosters i will say is that the equipment is usually poorly done by SDS. Typically a lot of incorrect brands, odd looking color ways and missing accessories.

I’d like the ability to edit equipment within the mode. It’s add a lot personally

Old 03-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #384
Rookie

With March to October, how many games do you think youll actually get to play out of the 162 schedule? For example play opening day then sim for 20 games or is it going to be like play one game of every series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »