Home

Official MLB 19 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 19 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #337
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official MLB 19 : Road to the Show Thread

I'm getting the itch to start up a new RTTS. I did a SP this year which went well for a couple of years but I get bored with only playing every 5th day. I like the control of being in the lineup every day and being more connected to my team. I'm thinking of making a 3rd baseman with a secondary position of LF/RF using the "rock steady" archetype. I like the idea of being an all around kind of player who is more of an RBI guy than a HR/SO guy.

What positions do you all find the most fun to play? I've probably done all OF and IF positions in the past besides catcher and 1B.

My Teams

Chicago Bulls
St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Bradley University Basketball
University of Michigan Football
Old 10-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #338
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sorry if this has been posted but anyone else not getting sent down to minors? I got a major league contract at the end of year on with the White Sox. Traded 2 weeks in, to the Indians. Past the all star break and Ive been struggling all year. Batting around .230. I personally feel Im not ready for majors but there hasn't even been a hint that ill be sent down.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:02 PM   #339
Rookie

I made a SP and got drafted to the Rangers and after a year and a half got called up from AA to the Show and didn't do terrible on my first outing but they put me at closer right after that even though I picked the option that was like "I'm not sure about this" or whatever. I've seen it happen with my SS and CF where they put me in at a different position for a few games but then ultimately put me back at my original position.

After going to closer for the Rangers I was terrible and they sent me down to AAA but still as a closer. I finished out the season with Nashville in AAA and got the September call up to the Rangers still as a closer. I was terrible again but they resigned me to a contract as a MLB closer and it was the only offer I could get so I signed it. Now I'm going through the 2021 season as a closer and doing pretty great actually. But I still want to a Starter.

Is there anything I can do to get back to being a starter? I suppose it's probably something I'll have to talk to the agent about but he never freaking calls
Old 10-18-2019, 12:20 PM   #340
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBased
Sorry if this has been posted but anyone else not getting sent down to minors? I got a major league contract at the end of year on with the White Sox. Traded 2 weeks in, to the Indians. Past the all star break and Ive been struggling all year. Batting around .230. I personally feel Im not ready for majors but there hasn't even been a hint that ill be sent down.
I guess the post after yours by DevinScott answers your question about is it possible to be sent back to the minors.Of course that doesn't mean it will happen to you.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:31 PM   #341
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinScott
I made a SP and got drafted to the Rangers and after a year and a half got called up from AA to the Show and didn't do terrible on my first outing but they put me at closer right after that even though I picked the option that was like "I'm not sure about this" or whatever. I've seen it happen with my SS and CF where they put me in at a different position for a few games but then ultimately put me back at my original position.

After going to closer for the Rangers I was terrible and they sent me down to AAA but still as a closer. I finished out the season with Nashville in AAA and got the September call up to the Rangers still as a closer. I was terrible again but they resigned me to a contract as a MLB closer and it was the only offer I could get so I signed it. Now I'm going through the 2021 season as a closer and doing pretty great actually. But I still want to a Starter.

Is there anything I can do to get back to being a starter? I suppose it's probably something I'll have to talk to the agent about but he never freaking calls
I have a pitcher from 17.I started him as a CP but quickly realised I didn't like that position compared to SP.I kept playing him just for the heck of it and ironically they tried him as an SP while in the minors and he's stayed an SP ever since and I didn't even request it!
My 19 SP is in the Phillies system.I believe(without turning on the game)that he just began his 3rd year and he's in AAA.Anyways they offered me a contract but as a CP!I backed out of the game and came back and this time there was no mention of CP in the offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #342
MVP

forme95's Arena

RTTS would be more fun if the franchise part of it was more realistic. I notice that only the level your playing in (AA,AAA,MLB) will carry a accurate roster. The rest carry a back up catcher and the rest pitchers. Also will make dumb trades (as franchise does), for instance, Indians traded CF Mercado A/74 for LF Tebow C/61.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 10-31-2019, 05:30 PM   #343
Rookie

I just got the game through PS Plus, and really enjoying it, evne though I know nothing about baseball (from Denmark...)

I play Road to the show, but im not really interested in the fielding part, I just want to hit!

What position should I pick for fewest fielding apperances?
Old 10-31-2019, 07:02 PM   #344
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjarkeK
I just got the game through PS Plus, and really enjoying it, evne though I know nothing about baseball (from Denmark...)

I play Road to the show, but im not really interested in the fielding part, I just want to hit!

What position should I pick for fewest fielding apperances?
You can turn off all fielding appearances so you can play any position you want.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »