Home

MLB The Show 19 First Impressions Thread (IMPRESSIONS ONLY)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 First Impressions Thread (IMPRESSIONS ONLY) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #633
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 19 First Impressions Thread (IMPRESSIONS ONLY)

First time I've seen this, was pretty sweet. Had Bregman playing first and he made a sweet double play.

Last edited by hitmanwa; 10-12-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #634
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

No other videogame could do this. My Dodgers score two in the first, the Reds score one in the 6th. Entering the top of the ninth i hold a slender one run lead and the pressure to end a losing streak is enormous. My closer comes in and my hands are literally gripping the controller and getting sweaty. Every pitch was a huge moment and this is less than twenty games into the season. The intensity and pressure I felt couldn’t be matched by another game.

I closed it out and won 2-1. Then I took game 2 the next day 14-6, topped off by a grand slam, my first of ‘20.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:00 PM   #635
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Overall I really like '19. But lately I have been working on my own roster project and I must say this is the laziest set of roster updates I have ever seen from SDS. They are just horrible.

19-23 year old Rookies with no play time but out of optioins. These are also "scanned" players so they are un-editable. Locked players with no voice files, some with Booth audio but no Park announcer file. Two or more players with the same face scan on the same team.

I don't know how the OSFM guys do it, have always respected their work. Personally I am giving up this is just to much hassle with a crappy product. The rosters not the game.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 11:13 PM   #636
Rookie

Son of Motown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Overall I really like '19. But lately I have been working on my own roster project and I must say this is the laziest set of roster updates I have ever seen from SDS. They are just horrible.

19-23 year old Rookies with no play time but out of optioins. These are also "scanned" players so they are un-editable. Locked players with no voice files, some with Booth audio but no Park announcer file. Two or more players with the same face scan on the same team.

I don't know how the OSFM guys do it, have always respected their work. Personally I am giving up this is just to much hassle with a crappy product. The rosters not the game.
I completely agree. SDS doesn't go in-depth as the OSFM guys. I honestly don't know how they're able to capture every single detail of every player. Other than that, I loved playing The Show 19.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:55 PM   #637
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

I use assisted baserunning, which of course means I’m responsible for all baserunning. I’ve got a player on first with two out. I gave him a step lead on the first pitch, the pitcher tossed over and he was easily back safe. I don’t give him a lead or tell him to steal on the second pitch. The pitcher throws over however and my guy takes a turn to go back but then inexplicably does a 180 and sets off towards second. Of course, he’s tagged out easily to end the inning. Quite happy to admit my own base running mistakes but I’m a little irked when the CPU decides to pull this stunt on me.

Worth adding, stuff like this is rare but I’m not sure why it happened.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 10-30-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:13 PM   #638
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I use assisted baserunning, which of course means I’m responsible for all baserunning. I’ve got a player on first with two out. I gave him a step lead on the first pitch, the pitcher tossed over and he was easily back safe. I don’t give him a lead or tell him to steal on the second pitch. The pitcher throws over however and my guy takes a turn to go back but then inexplicably does a 180 and sets off towards second. Of course, he’s tagged out easily to end the inning. Quite happy to admit my own base running mistakes but I’m a little irked when the CPU decides to pull this stunt on me.

Worth adding, stuff like this is rare but I’m not sure why it happened.

I had this happen in a Spring Training game I was playing but thought maybe I did hit L2 even though I was 99.9% sure I didn’t.

Thankfully it was only a Spring Training game so I didn’t really care but it would be quite unfortunate if it happened during regular season game especially in critical situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-13-2019, 08:42 AM   #639
Banned

Well after installing the 19 free version I am fairly unimpressed with the graphics. It just looks like a sharper version of years past. I was taken aback by the lighting and just general atmosphere of the stadiums. It looked way too gamey for my tastes.

Not sure what it is but the game needs more depth and ambiance in the shadows and lighting, and of course a full upgrade in materials and a lot of other things.

I really hope they step up their game on PS5.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:38 PM   #640
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

I see the dugout clock at Citizens Bank Park still reads 255 no matter if it's a day game or a nine inning night game(at least in RTTS).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »