Home

MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2019, 06:41 PM   #801
Rookie

CHIBHAWKSRULE's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatmonkey
Game 1 drama! Haha! Nice! Glad you got the “W” man! Those long games can come back and haunt the bullpen! And being game 1, possibly set the tone for the entire series! Great start!
Yea, it was about what I was expecting against the Red Sox, they have always played me tough in the playoffs in this franchise. Always been back and forth. I beat them in the 2019 season and they beat us in the 2020. Shaping up to be a nice long series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2019, 08:27 PM   #802
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Start of Season - 2021

We didn't make to many moves during the offseason. We declined options on Cole Hamels and Tim Beckham. Anthony Desclafani exercised his player option worth 5.3 million. Adalberto Mondesi and Jake Junis both signed long term deals. Junis got 4 years and 27 million buying out his 3 arbitration years and first year of free agency. With Mondesi getting 5 years and 95 million buying out his 3 arbitration years and first 2 years of free agency. We did make 1 pretty big move in free agency picking up Jackie Bradley Jr to take over in CF. Gave him a 4-year deal worth 27 million. He hit .264/.337/.441 with 20 HR last season. We also picked up Zach McAllister but his spot isn't guaranteed.

Heading into spring training the majority of the roster was set. There was a 4 way battle for the last 2 spots in the rotation as well as a long relief role. And a 3 way battle for the last spot in the bullpen. On the offensive side, there was a 3 way battle for the starting LF and backup OF spot. As well as a 4 way battle for a backup infield spot.

Danny Duffy and Brad Keller won the last 2 spots in the rotation. Duffy ended up having the highest ERA among the guys competing but his FIP was the lowest and his WHIP was only 1.09. Plus he is making 15 million dollars. Foster Griffin earned the LR role. He put up a 2.65 ERA in 17 IP. He will start in AAA until we need to use the 5th starter. And we may run a 6 man rotation for a bit to see who ends up being the main 5th man between Duffy and Griffin. And the last spot in the pen went to Josh Staumont. Zach McAllister will make the roster for now with Griffin going down. When he comes up we will decide what to do with him.

The everyday left fielder to start the season will be Michael Gigliotti. He hit .333/.383/.500 in 42 AB. Renato Nunez only hit .216/.318/.216. And that was still good enough to be the backup OF with Bubba Starling hitting a spectacular .176/.208/.373. The last spot on the roster went to Humberto Artega as the backuo IF. He hit .333/.409/.513 in 40 AB.

Erick Skoglund, Brett Phillips and Bubba Starling were all DFA'd. Skoglund was eventually released. Brett Phillips was claimed by Arizona. And Bubba Starling was sent to AAA after no one claimed him. So with that here is our opening day roster and lineups.

Roster
Spoiler

Minor League Rosters
Spoiler

Our top prospects are finally starting to make their way to KC. 3 of our top 5 prospects (Brady Singer, Khalil Lee and Jackson Kowar) are now in AAA. #2 Prospect Connor Christiansen, #5 Seuly Matias, #6 Nick Pratto, #8 MJ Melendez and #9 Kris Bubic could and should be joining them here soon if things go right. Singer is expected to make his MLB debut sometime around the All Star break unless someone gets hurt. Lee will probably be a September call up. And everyone else will most likely spend the entire year down in the minors.

Royals and MLB Top Prospects
Spoiler

We were able to win 90 games last year. Our first season reaching 90 wins and being over .500 since the World Series win in 2015. We didn't lose anyone important. And helped solidify the OF with the acquisition of Jackie Bradley. But we had some career years from guys that we aren't sure can keep it up. I expect to be over .500. But the playoffs are probably 1 more year away. We open up the season on the road in Cleveland before heading to Minnesota for a 2 game series. Our home opener will be against the Angels on April 1st. 20 of our first 32 games are against teams that were over .500 last season. With 18 games against the Indians, Red Sox, Angels and Rays. All of which had 95 plus wins last year. It wont take long to see what this team is made of.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:31 PM   #803
Rookie

Sweatmonkey's Arena

*BASEBALL HEAVEN*

FROM THE CARDINALS PERSPECTIVE

A 2019 DREAM-CHISE WITH ALL LEGENDS INCORPORATED INTO THEIR RESPECTIVE ORGANIZATIONS

4 game series in Cincinnati
July 18-21

Game 3:

Gomber brings lights out stuff and provides a much needed quality start! Other than allowing a solo shot to Gennett in the 3rd , he was fantastic through 6 Innings, striking out 8 while allowing just 4 hits! Reds starter Amir Garrett, was unexpectedly pulled in the 3rd for no obvious reason, leaving speculation of injury, and forcing the already tired Reds bullpen to work very early! By games end they will have used every one of their bullpen arms. A surprise solo shot by Brock in the 7th tied the game at 1 a piece and would remain that way until the top of the 12th, (Reds closer Dibble’s 4th inning of work having completely depleted their bullpen)! Stan the Man would finally make them pay with a no doubt 3 run blast! Miller would close out the 12th and secure the win!

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #804
Rookie

Sweatmonkey's Arena

*BASEBALL HEAVEN*

A 2019 DREAM-CHISE WITH ALL LEGENDS INCORPORATED INTO THEIR RESPECTIVE ORGANIZATIONS

4 game series in Cincinnati
July 18-21

Game 4:

Reyes does his best to prove he belongs at the top level pitching a fantastic 5 solid innings notching 9 Ks before handing a 2-1 lead to Gregorson and the bullpen. Gregorson would handle the 6th. Then DeLeon would be brought in to start the 7th. DeLeon has just been brought up from Memphis earlier in the day to replace Wainwright, who had been put on optional waivers to be sent on assignment. Morgan would waste no time welcoming him to the Show with a towering blast to right field tying the game at 2! DeLeon would settle down and get 2 outs but surrender 1 more run putting the Reds up by 1 before Sutter would come in to finish the frame. But the damage was done and the Cards trailed 3-2 headed to the ninth. To everyone’s surprise, the Reds would bring Dibble out for the ninth, one night after an extremely long outing that ended with him getting rocked by Stan! He was clearly fatigued! (Beyond red with the “!!” Out of energy on his bar fatigued lol), but somehow still hitting his marks, mostly! Walked Pujols, but struck out Goldy and managed to get Eno to ground into a game ending double play! Heartbreaking loss for sure! Time to dig deep and come out strong in Pittsburgh, starting a 4 game set at Forbes field that will end there as well on Thursday. Forbes actually plays well for this teams style of baseball, so there’s reason to be optimistic! Like the Game of Thrones quote, “the Cubs are coming!” Lol

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Old 05-15-2019, 10:52 PM   #805
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

Well boys, I just had quite the adrenaline rush / anxiety attack as I took a 1-0 lead into the bottom of the 9th against the Royals.

Ottavino gives up a leadoff base hit. I used Chapman yesterday but decided to bring him in again to get the save. He promptly gives up a base hit, followed by an Andujar error to load the bases with no out.

Next ab Mondesi hits an absolute rocket to short and I get the force at home. After that, Bonafacio tries a safety squeeze and again we get the force at home! Chapman gets a third ground ball hit right at Sir Didi to get out of the jam and save the 1-0 victory!

We move to 39-13 on the year, 8.5 games ahead of the Rays. This is the best start to a season I’ve ever had using Armor’s sliders. I may jump up to legend by the ASB.

Judge comes back in 2-3 weeks and he was absolutely MASHING the ball before he tore his calf (12 homeruns and 31 rbis in April).

Now I just need to take these 14-21 days to figure out how to get rid of Ellsbury...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2019, 11:07 PM   #806
Rookie

Sweatmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm
Well boys, I just had quite the adrenaline rush / anxiety attack as I took a 1-0 lead into the bottom of the 9th against the Royals.

Ottavino gives up a leadoff base hit. I used Chapman yesterday but decided to bring him in again to get the save. He promptly gives up a base hit, followed by an Andujar error to load the bases with no out.

Next ab Mondesi hits an absolute rocket to short and I get the force at home. After that, Bonafacio tries a safety squeeze and again we get the force at home! Chapman gets a third ground ball hit right at Sir Didi to get out of the jam and save the 1-0 victory!

We move to 39-13 on the year, 8.5 games ahead of the Rays. This is the best start to a season I’ve ever had using Armor’s sliders. I may jump up to legend by the ASB.

Judge comes back in 2-3 weeks and he was absolutely MASHING the ball before he tore his calf (12 homeruns and 31 rbis in April).

Now I just need to take these 14-21 days to figure out how to get rid of Ellsbury...

Good stuff man! Those are the kind of games that make the funk like I’m in bearable! Lol
Old 05-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #807
Rookie

Sweatmonkey's Arena

*BASEBALL HEAVEN*

4 game series in Pittsburgh
July 22-25

Game 1:

Not much to say here other than yet another wasted outstanding start! This time from Micholas! Cards offense made Musgrove look like a Cy Young candidate mustering just 3 hits the entire game, 2 coming in the ninth! They really need to sort this out quick with a very good Houston team coming in this weekend and the Cubs series looming next week! Game 2 will be Martinez vs Archer at PNC tomorrow

IMG_0136.jpg

Old 05-16-2019, 09:59 AM   #808
MVP

jmillhimes's Arena

OVR: 4

Pretty Damn Impressive work going into these franchise updates. Kinda curious on what the ratio in here is with people who go with " Manage only Franchises"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »