Home

Uh, are Veteran and All-Star difficulties switched?!

This is a discussion on Uh, are Veteran and All-Star difficulties switched?! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

OVR: 0
Uh, are Veteran and All-Star difficulties switched?!

Keep in mind I've only been playing mostly DD, but I was playing on Veteran and could hardly score runs. I hardly had any power. The PCI was a lot smaller too. Last year I could blow teams out easily on Veteran. Then I played a couple games on All-Star and I am hitting the ball all over the place. Surely they didn't mix up these difficulties...?

Edit: The PCI on swing feedback seems to be larger on All-Star than on Veteran, also.

Last edited by citybythebay85; 03-28-2019 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Edit: The PCI on swing feedback seems to be larger on All-Star than on Veteran, also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2019, 02:27 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Re: Uh, are Veteran and All-Star difficulties switched?!

I played Moments Mode yesterday, the Cal Ripken mission, I only needed an extra base hit on ROOKIE level. After 40 or 50 plate appearances I gave up. Fruitless.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-28-2019, 02:53 PM   #3
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I played Moments Mode yesterday, the Cal Ripken mission, I only needed an extra base hit on ROOKIE level. After 40 or 50 plate appearances I gave up. Fruitless.
I agree, the lower difficulty missions in Moments seem A LOT harder than they should be considering the difficulty. It's frustrating.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #4
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

I just almost no-hit the 1st inning boss team, supposedly on All-Star, with live series David Price. And I hit Cy Young all over the park. Something is definitely wrong with All-Star.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:10 PM   #5
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't have this years game yet but I remember in the past some of the higher difficulties seemed easier for me because my timing on my swing was more in sync with the faster pitch speeds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 02:23 PM   #6
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I don't have this years game yet but I remember in the past some of the higher difficulties seemed easier for me because my timing on my swing was more in sync with the faster pitch speeds.
Maybe, but last year I really had to fight to get runs on All-Star. And the other team would get lots of hits off me. This year, it feels much easier.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I’ve only played a handful of games on dynamic difficulty. Still on Rookie as both a hitter and pitcher. That feels significantly harder than All-Star in 18.

However, I’m still getting a ton of hits and have hit a few homers. In general, my production has gone down (no 15-run games anymore), but to a point that it actually feels rewarding. I’m eager to find out how the difficulty changes as I progress.

(I did rage quit one game because my pitcher got shelled, but that was because I set fielding to auto and there was a string of several plays in a row where my fielders almost literally just watched guys take extra bases and score runs while we did nothing; I don’t mind losing, but I’m not OK starting out down 5 because of that. I use auto fielding to avoid getting pissed at myself for that, so the computer should at least look competent.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »