Home

MLB The Show 19 Franchise Mode Review: A Wishlist for 2020

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Franchise Mode Review: A Wishlist for 2020 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #57
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Franchise Mode Review: A Wishlist for 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
THIS is why I am boggled at the people that think the current iteration of the Show's franchise mode is good, or one of the better out there among sports games. WHAT? Its been completely stripped down. I fear SDS will never implement this again because of there strategy of "its confusing to people". The show is 100000000x more fun to play then madden, but madden has the shows franchise mode beat by a mile, and even Madden needs alot of attention.

Do what 2k does, have a hardcore franchise mode, and a stripped down franchise mode for casuals.
There are scores of things I'd rather have than running marketing scams.

Bobble head night... or the ability to truly breakdown whether your AA lefty is looking like the next Tom Glavine, or the next Brien Taylor?

Raising soda prices... or being able to allocate scouts internationally to potentially find the next Omar Vizquel or Andruw Jones?

Goofy cap night.. or advanced scouting on upcoming opponents?

If we're gonna talk features, I'd rather they deal with the on-field product, not off the field budget stuff. Wins and losses matter to me. Not the size of the pocket book at seasons end.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:03 PM   #58
Rookie

I’d like the ability for pitchers to develop a fourth or fifth pitch. Not just edit him so he automatically starts using it but expand the training mode to develop one. Have them learn in the spring or make A ball useful and learn it there.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:47 PM   #59
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr

Bobble head night... or the ability to truly breakdown whether your AA lefty is looking like the next Tom Glavine, or the next Brien Taylor?

Raising soda prices... or being able to allocate scouts internationally to potentially find the next Omar Vizquel or Andruw Jones?

If we're gonna talk features, I'd rather they deal with the on-field product, not off the field budget stuff. Wins and losses matter to me. Not the size of the pocket book at seasons end.

I agree. I think the scouting in the game currently is really bad, and does not do a good job of representing the sport. I think there needs to be an international signing period as well, I am for all of that.

Yet personally, I still am amazed there is not an owner mode for an MLB game when the owner is extremely important. It would be awesome to have dynamic attendance. Based on team popularity, players, promos, time of day, month etc.

Being a mid market or low market team and trying to be in the green as much as possible would be fun. Maybe starting with a small 75m budget and within 6-7 years be a team with 150m budget with good ownership moves.

Each player having a popularity rating for jersey sales, tv contracts with different money payouts. There is just SO much they can do. That is what keeps me invested. Thats just scratching the surface. There is a ton they can do to improve the game overall.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:13 PM   #60
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:

Agree 1000% on this.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-23-2019, 07:49 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

The thing is, finances matter for attaining wins and losses as well as how you get those wins and losses (players you can get/keep, etc).

While I don't care about promotional stuff, the financial side of franchise should not be ignored and unimproved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2019, 10:54 AM   #62
All Star

OVR: 8

My wishlist can be summed up with 1 line. Give me,an offline franchise player, a reason to buy this game again after 2 years now going without. Unfortunately there are probably a ton of things from the 2014 version of this topic that haven't been implemented. Go look at ootp for franchise ideas, or even nba2k.

A few highlights that could get me on board for 2020 though.

Revamped scouting and draft, make scouting more engaging and rewarding.

Improve trade screen, both from a UI perspective as well as increase the number of trade slots.

Massive overhaul of available stat tracking. It's insane that a video game based on a sport that has so many stats that fans keep track of is so shallow in that department, especially when it comes to career stats.

There are a lot more that I want, but these would at least get me back into a game I used to love

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by KSUowls; 04-25-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #63
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

I always thought it would be cool to have a "key moments" feature option while simming games. (That i could Watch - not play..). I sim the entire league except my game. I check box scores but there is a lot of stuff i wonder about.

That big rally in that bottom of the 9th walk off, how did that all go down? Who was the hero?

That Complete Game one-hitter.. how far did that pitcher take the no-hitter? 1 inning, or 8.2 innings? Who broke it up and how? Maybe let me watch from the top of the 6th on if something like this is happening..

A hitter has 3 HR's...i would love to see his last AB to see if he can join the exclusive 4 HR club.

I see it like the 'Live Look-ins" on MLB Network. If it could alert me with an option to look in while simming games, or skip. But have the option to turn the entire feature off, in case you don't want simming to be interrupted.

Another option would be a highlights feature for already-simmed games. It would just have to build the highlight after the fact, according to what was simmed, but still. But that might not work that well though...

But heck i would take just game notes after the simulation. This player was the POG. This player took a no hitter into the 7th. Like a more in-depth Inside the Show feature..but more detailed Etc.

Remember the newspaper write ups that we used to have after games? That would be cool too if they could get it to re-write the game stories for simmed games in a detailed way...

Just dreaming..
Old 05-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #64
Rookie

I would love simply being able to designate who my ace pitcher is and then let him pitch anywhere in the rotation. It's maddening when I have an important game and I would like to pitch my ace, but it's not his turn according to the 5-man rotation and proceeds to get pissy because he's not in the precious #1 pitching slot. I would like to be able to click on his player card and tell that dummy he's my ace rather then being stuck with him at a certain rotation slot.

Similarly, I would like to place a star hitter in the #2 spot in the order and not have him get mad that he's not hitting 1, 3, or 4. That's stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »