Home

Ejections

This is a discussion on Ejections within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2019, 10:51 AM   #9
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ejections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I want the MVP Baesball mechanic back where we can decide to what level we wish to argue.

That would hit the jackpot
Old 05-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjenks
I would absolutely love to be able to argue after being rung up in a big moment, and then ejected for it.
or a mini-game you take the arguing right to the brink . if you ''fill the meter'' w/o being ejected and quit whilst your ahead , that batters (or mgr.) next close call goes his way

A Work in Progress
Old 05-05-2019, 11:02 AM   #11
Rookie

bjenks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
or a mini-game you take the arguing right to the brink . if you ''fill the meter'' w/o being ejected and quit whilst your ahead , that batters (or mgr.) next close call goes his way
Man that would be awesome. There are many times where a player gets rung up in a big situation and the only animation that plays is him digging his foot in the dirt acting like he doesn't realize it was called a strike.

Also, and I would love to be able to have the manager run out and argue a play that's called poorly. The only option you have is to challenge a play at 1st, and only in certain situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #12
Rookie

Great ideas!!! But something needs to be overdone I want to feel the anger of a big strike out in key situations...

At the moment it seems that players don't really care about it
Old 05-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

I love ejections.

I remember in MVP Baseball I would have my skipper challenge the first pitch which was a 2 foot wide ball, it was hilarious lmao.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan1991
Great ideas!!! But something needs to be overdone I want to feel the anger of a big strike out in key situations...

At the moment it seems that players don't really care about it
Usually I'm so angry about being unjustly rung up I'm mad enough for the both of us I dont even notice what my batter is doing. Thats why I wish there was something I could do to trigger an eruption and control the intensity. I dont want my batter getting mad when I'm not even upset

A Work in Progress
Old 05-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
So I wonder if this feature is still in the game

I played now more than 200 games and don't see one ejection so far... Maybe it should be overdone like in Nhl or so or that it gives us the chance to press a but like for video proof if a player is out or not... Otherwise if a player gets ejected all other player could get a rating boost if the player gets ejected in the right moment for comeback or so... Or otherwise gets downgrades in ratings if the player gets ejected in the wrong moment...

But at the moment it seems this feature doesn't appear anymore also when I have ejections on

I remember in MLB 11 you had the chance of getting thrown out on an out call at 1B as the batter. Was a really random cutscene that I saw maybe once or twice all year but it was cool to watch A-Rod get ejected by the first base umpire and then start blow his lid.

I don't know why they removed these cutscenes, it happens in real life. This game should be geared towards everything in baseball just like how fighting isn't removed in the NHL games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2019, 02:22 PM   #16
Just started!

Quote:
So I wonder if this feature is still in the game

I played now more than 200 games and don't see one ejection so far... Maybe it should be overdone like in Nhl or so or that it gives us the chance to press a but like for video proof if a player is out or not... Otherwise if a player gets ejected all other player could get a rating boost if the player gets ejected in the right moment for comeback or so... Or otherwise gets downgrades in ratings if the player gets ejected in the wrong moment...

But at the moment it seems this feature doesn't appear anymore also when I have ejections on
I been playing the show since 06 and i remember position players would get ejected for close calls by arguing with the umpire. As with every thing with the show this was triggered by a cutscene. You could skip the cutscene and never get ejected. Or you could let it play out and maybe you would get ejected. If i remember correctly this only happened ln offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »