Home

New Stadiums PS5?

This is a discussion on New Stadiums PS5? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2020, 11:51 AM   #9
Rookie

Miffy23's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New Stadiums PS5?

So if the speculation is that new generic stadiums/create a stadium was not added because PS4 is maxed out and they are waiting until PS5, what is going to happen next year when MLBTS 21 comes out on PS5 and PS4? Will PS4 now have enough space to accommodate the new generic stadiums/create a stadium then?
Old 02-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #10
MVP

TheDarkKnightRises's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy23
So if the speculation is that new generic stadiums/create a stadium was not added because PS4 is maxed out and they are waiting until PS5, what is going to happen next year when MLBTS 21 comes out on PS5 and PS4? Will PS4 now have enough space to accommodate the new generic stadiums/create a stadium then?
I don’t expect that to come in MLB 21. Maybe by MLB 22 or 23.

MLB: New York Mets
NFL: New York Giants
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAF: Miami Hurricanes
NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils/St. John's Red Storm
Old 02-20-2020, 03:18 PM   #11
Rookie

dbekoscke's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
It's not a question of console generation enabling more stadiums. In the PS3 days, we had no classic stadiums, but we did have many, many more generic stadiums. I think we had 30 minor league and 20 spring training, but I could be wrong. Regardless, we had more.

We got less in the PS4 era due to increased textures and other graphical features. This meant every stadium had to be redone. SDS even mentioned it in one of their streams, talking about how these stadiums were rarely being used by anyone other than power users (us here on OS) and it wasn't worth their time and resources to update all of the old generic stadiums.

Now with relocation there is more reason to bring generic stadiums back, and I sincerely hope more of them will be MLB level looking (including at least one dynamic roof stadium). However they clearly didn't commit the resources this year, and the reason why was probably so the stadium team could add in real advertising into real life stadiums (as shown in the streams).

So in all honesty I'm kind of glad they didn't add more generic stadiums. Although my Rogers centre may still be inaccurate, as a big Budweiser advertisement may threaten the E for Everyone rating sports video games so desperately need.

Side note: anybody remember barley pop from when franchise mode had concessions? Clever little work around.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Speaking of this point... my main wonder (other then the obvious one about a Create-A-Ballpark feature) is whether SDS will need to rebuild the current PS4 ballparks for use on PS5. Maybe instead of rebuilding them completely, they will only need to update the textures with higher quality textures, and then upgrade 3D grass tech and dirt, etc.

I do feel fairly confident that this game will look improved from a graphical standpoint beginning in MLBTS21. I believe this based on the following:

1. the graphical improvements from PS3 to PS4 release in MLBTS14 (the very first release on then next-gen hardware (despite the move from Cell Processor to x86 architecture

2. the fact that SDS, a first party studio, has probably had the PS5 dev kit in their offices for over one year at this point

3. the x86 architecture of PS4 will be carried over into the PS5 (with PLENTY more horsepower in both CPU and GPU capabilities) so the transition should be the smoothest from ANY other previous console generation jump before
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »