Home

Manage mode players

This is a discussion on Manage mode players within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #65
Rookie

shawn306's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Manage mode players

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I neglected to mention this, but I have had my starter stamina set to 7 for many years now. With it set to 7 I don't ever see starters running out of gas after 75 to 80 pitches. Yes starters with less than ideal endurance might get sketchy at around 90 pitches. But most starters do last 100 pitches before they begin to lose it and while it is rare, some starters with really good endurance can last 110 to 120 pitches if they have a shutout going.
Thanks for the info.

I saw something from TheWarmWind in the CPU Bullpen Management thread where he has Starter and Reliever Stamina set at 7 and CPU management hook set at 6. I may give those a whirl and see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2020, 07:01 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 4

[quote=tessl;

The only slider I've adjusted this year is injury due to the crazy amount of injuries I was seeing from 5 to 3.[/QUOTE]

Are you seeing many in game injuries at 3? I have had mine at 2 and have not seen any through 12 games
Old 04-15-2020, 06:07 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 2

The SDS Baseball Gods dangled an illusive carrot in front of my nose in a MoM game this afternoon. I had a no-hitter going with a 1-0 lead over the Dodgers going into the 9th inning. My SP, Patrick Corbin had thrown a little over hundred pitches to this point, but he wasn't completely out of gas and what can you do. I knew he was vulnerable, but I have yet to experience a no-hitter since I began playing MoM games dating back to MLBTS12 and I just had to keep him in the game. Unfortunately with no outs and a 3-2 count the Dodgers lead off batter Justin Turner blooped a lazy single into RF ending the no-no and caused me to pull Corbin from the game and replace him with a completely warmed up CP Sean Doolittle who has yet to blow a save in the season. What happened next? On the first pitch Mookie Betts clobbered the ball out of the park and that was it, lights out, game over.

It was just like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:21 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
The SDS Baseball Gods dangled an illusive carrot in front of my nose in a MoM game this afternoon. I had a no-hitter going with a 1-0 lead over the Dodgers going into the 9th inning. My SP, Patrick Corbin had thrown a little over hundred pitches to this point, but he wasn't completely out of gas and what can you do. I knew he was vulnerable, but I have yet to experience a no-hitter since I began playing MoM games dating back to MLBTS12 and I just had to keep him in the game. Unfortunately with no outs and a 3-2 count the Dodgers lead off batter Justin Turner blooped a lazy single into RF ending the no-no and caused me to pull Corbin from the game and replace him with a completely warmed up CP Sean Doolittle who has yet to blow a save in the season. What happened next? On the first pitch Mookie Betts clobbered the ball out of the park and that was it, lights out, game over.

Kinda crazy. I had a no hitter with 2 outs bottom of 9th with Kyle Hendricks vs the Dodgers today and guess who singles to end my no hitter...Mookie Betts.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:44 PM   #69
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:

Ha, gotta love it though. I didn’t think manage mode would grip me like it has, but it has.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:53 PM   #70
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

I’m new to MOM, have played probably 20 games. Is there an outfielder in this game who doesn’t throw off line to home, lol. I know there are some lousy arms in baseball, but jeezalou.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:45 PM   #71
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I’m new to MOM, have played probably 20 games. Is there an outfielder in this game who doesn’t throw off line to home, lol. I know there are some lousy arms in baseball, but jeezalou.

Opposing players are dead accurate when there will be a chance at the plate. The only time they're offline is when the run was already crossing the plate. I've felt the accuracy ratings don't mean squat for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHodges57
I haven't gotten the "pitch aggressive" option to work in the last 3 versions (including this one). Usually ends off being a ball and many times one that's not close to the strike zone. Maybe my idea of aggressive is wrong. I expect the ball to be in the strike zone. If I wanted them to throw a ball out of the strike zone I wouldn't call for the option.
L2 + X gives you "pitch to batter" which overrides the CPU telling your pitcher to pitch around. I never figured out whether pitch aggressive works either but L2 + X will get your pitcher to try to record an out - at least it has for me.

No offense to the developers but I enjoy manage mode because I believe some of the decisions they have programmed into the AI are bad ideas which gives me an edge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »