Home

MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2021, 01:33 AM   #1833
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread

Even though I've pre-ordered 21, I'm going to keep playing 20 for now. Just can't bring myself to sim any games. And if 21 doesn't cut it for me, I can just keep rolling with 20.

DJ gave me the suggestion to go up to AS+ and that's breathed some new life into the game for me. Thanks DJ!

We're 52-17, which seems a bit over the top. But nearly all of my individual numbers are pretty close to reality. Hoping AS+ makes winning a tad more difficult.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:48 PM   #1834
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

We may have finally solved the Dodgers. They've long been a thorn in my side. But we took two of three from them in LA, and now we've won the first two of three in the ATL. Going for the sweep against Kershaw in our next game.

Made some roster moves too. Riley has pretty much taken over the 3B job after platooning with Camargo to start the year. So Camargo is going to AAA so he can play every day and Panda is coming up to sit on the bench.

Luke Jackson has also been very Luke Jackson-like in my franchise, so he has been optioned to AAA with Josh Tomlin coming up. Grant Dayton deserves the promotion more, but we already have three lefties (Smith/Minter/Matzek) in the pen and we needed a true long relief pitcher.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #1835
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well....I always imagined there would come a time when I would hang up this carryover save from MLB '16 and start fresh and that time has come.

With Y2Y saves not being in '21 and the fact that the improvement to fielding is a checked box on the list of gameplay "issues" I was hoping to see improved/fixed, I have decided that now is as good as time as any to hang up this franchise and start fresh with MLB '21.

Its been a hell of a ride that encompassed 12 virtual franchise seasons, playing every pitch of every game from Spring Training to season's end, that spanned over the course of 5 installments of the game, and saw my team win one World Series and had the unprecedented anomaly that the Yankees never made the playoffs (only team in my 12 seasons). Its hard to hang up and walk away, but the gameplay improvements alone (fielding most notably) and the fact that Y2Y saves are gone, I can't foresee myself not playing '21. I know I could play 2 franchises, but I only want to focus what time I have for playing my franchise on just one.

I hope that Y2Y saves return in '22, but if not, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, thanks to everyone who followed along with this franchise and I look forward to the challenge of taking the current version of my beloved Cardinals through the rigors of a franchise year or few and test my ability to build and win pennants and World Series Championships.

Come on April 16th.
Are you still moving to 21 CB? Think I remember seeing a post of yours recently in a next gen thread saying you see less reason to keep hunting for a PS5 now. I guess no one really knows but I would guess that if carryover saves come back for 22 it would be next gen only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2021, 10:51 PM   #1836
Rookie

JohnnyWreckless's Arena

OVR: 0

Started a Royals franchise with updated rosters. Played about 50% of the games year one and kept waiting for the 8 game losing streak. Was competitive at the deadline and made a trade for LF Khris Davis (Texas was like 15 games back of WC). KC, Chi, and Min were in a tight race (Twins up 4.5 in division, Royals/Sox within a game of each other for last WC spot) until the Twins dropped the last 8 games of the season to face the White Sox in game 163 and they lost that one also, competing the collapse. Royals win the division in the beat race in baseball

Royals win 90 games and play the Yankees in the divisional round. Game one was a 3-2 comeback win for the Royals. Game two was the Yankees getting up 10-1 quick before the Royals get it to within 10-6 late. We even sent Merrifield to the plate with bases loaded before flying out to RF. Royals win games 3 and 4 in close fashion to win the series.

The Royals will be facing the Astros in the ALCS.

I play on HOF hitting/Legend pitching*
Old 07-20-2021, 02:09 PM   #1837
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Phillies Franchise - Carryover from 19-20

I am about a week or so into May and Fighting with the Nationals for first in the Division. Just went into last place St Louis and was swept after losing one of two against a bad Detroit Team so the Phils are struggling. Currently 1/2 game out of First at 22-14.

I've finally settled on Hall of Fame batting and All-Star Pitching after crushing it on dynamic difficulty and getting to about there which inflated stats and my record early in the Season

Drew Smyly and Aaron Nola have been my only consistent starting pitching with Smyly staying strong even with the Difficulty adjustment. Eflin has been decent but Velazquez and Arrieta have been not good. The back end of my bullpen with David Robertson and Neris have been great but most of the pen has been pretty lackluster.

Hitting Wise Bryce Harper has been amazing hitting .341 and tied for the NL Lead in HR's with 13. Segura and Cesar Hernandez have played well all season. Corey Dickerson has been streaky as has Realmuto. McCutchen started off the season on fire but is now below .300 and Hoskins is struggling as well. Bench has been ok except for my backup Catcher Devy Gruillon who has been hitting .077. I am almost to the point of sending him down or trading him . He's got a 78 rating so I could get something for him as I need a 3rd Baseman as Franco has been awful hitting wise and then call up Knapp since I don't play the Backup C a ton.

I am having a good time with this game as I haven't really played much since 16 but for some reason I am enjoying it this summer and it's the first time I am playing every game as well. Quick Counts but still playing all the games.

I'll update some more as I go. Maybe a little more detail.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:43 PM   #1838
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I've reached the World Series in Year 4 (MLB 18 carryover) of my Mets franchise. We are taking on the defending champion Los Angeles Angels. Won Game 1 4-2 thanks to a 2-run HR from Travis d'Arnaud in the 8th inning that broke a 2-2 tie.

Will be staying with this franchise and MLB 20 (obviously) once the season is complete. Far too invested to start another franchise from scratch.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-30-2021, 09:22 AM   #1839
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

The New York Mets' 2021 season came down, ultimately, to a single game. Taking on the defending World Series champion Los Angeles Angels in the 2021 World Series, the Mets had the benefit of home field advantage for the series-deciding game.

Tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 6th, Michael Conforto belted a 2-run HR to give the Mets a 3-1 lead, and Jeff McNeil followed shortly with an RBI double to push the advantage to 4-1.

The Mets' bullpen closed the game out from there, tossing 3 scoreless innings to secure the team's second World Series in 4 years (MLB 18 franchise carryover).

Whew! That was an incredible series to play through. Los Angeles hammered us in Games 2 and 3 to take a 2-1 series lead. They had a 1-run lead in the 8th inning of Game 5, but McNeil hit a 3-run HR that silenced the LA fans and propelled the Mets to a win and 3-2 series lead. The Angels won Game 6 behind a strong outing from Shohei Ohtani to force Game 7.

All of New York's top players are signed through next season (2022), so unless a trade or two is made, it'll be a quiet off-season. I am looking at going up to Hall of Fame for pitching and hitting, and staying there this time.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-30-2021, 09:53 AM   #1840
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Congratulations DJ!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »