Home

Co-op Teamplay

This is a discussion on Co-op Teamplay within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2021, 08:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Co-op Teamplay

Ok, her it is again, will teamplay/co-op be a feature for the show 21 ? Couple of friends sent a pic, maybe from the ps store when they went to pre-order the show. The pic was of the game description, it showed "multi-player 1-8. Anyone else see/heard anything about this. Many years ago it was an actual game mode/feature and it was fantastic so they figured they would remove it, makes sense . So for the las handful of years a friend would have to join you through the shareplay feature in order to play as teammates.

That way is good but it does have a slight lag issue for the guest which does make hitting more difficult. It is tons of fun to play as teammates, one gets the OF and the other gets the IF. You rotate who pitches every other inning and batting is every other at bat.

Over the years I have asked not only to put the feature back in but why it was removed, I never receive an answer. From my crew alone 7 more of the Show would be purchased, but if teamplay/co-op is not available then it will be only one dude along with myself purchasing. From a business standpoint why would you not want to make more money with more sales ? it does not seem like it would be difficult to implement since it was already a feature
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2021, 08:28 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Co-op Teamplay

Hasn't been announced yet but streams/deep dives don't start until March

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-24-2021, 08:49 AM   #3
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Hate to bubble burst here but 20 shows 1-4 players and 2-8 network as does almost every other version.

Honestly too, in the end, I don't know how popular this mode was. It's a cool concept but probably not a priority for them.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 02-24-2021, 12:21 PM   #4
Rookie

I hear ya on the popularity thing. Playing solo is very boring. After 4 innings I'm basically doing the "junkie nod". Well I guess I'll be thankful for shareplay and also for the Show having a good system for saving "in-game"

Seems like these gaming companies go backwards. I guess I was wrong for thinking they wanted games to be multi player. Madden used to have 3v3 where two of my friends along with myself could go into a lobby and play 3 other random people, now you can only do that thru MUT, such a gross money grab
Old 02-24-2021, 12:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Hate to bubble burst here but 20 shows 1-4 players and 2-8 network as does almost every other version.

Honestly too, in the end, I don't know how popular this mode was. It's a cool concept but probably not a priority for them.

Funky, you are definitely correct about it showing 1-4 and 2-8 every year, sadly we get pumped and immediately let down. Even on one of the load up screens it gives you the icons and corresponding players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2021, 12:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Yup, over 230 views, not many comments, and no answers from anyone with true insight. Guess I will try for answers again next year like I have been tryin to do for the past 5 or 6 yrs
Old 02-28-2021, 09:11 AM   #7
Rookie

The 8 player thing is for online home run derby. Been like that for a number of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-28-2021, 09:53 AM   #8
Rookie

For whatever it’s worth, I’m 100% with you on this. Being able to play co op online in sports games is a great way to enjoy a game.

3v3 or 2v2 in the show would be so much fun. Bring able to play against others or run a co op franchise would be a dream come true for me and all of my friends. Nothing more relaxing than trying to put a rally together against a stud pitcher when you’re not controlling every hitter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »