Home

What stadiums do you plan to build in The Show 21?

This is a discussion on What stadiums do you plan to build in The Show 21? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2021, 02:31 AM   #41
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: What stadiums do you plan to build in The Show 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
That seems like it'd be clumsy implementation to say the least. Someone would have to upload and download their own stadiums (or any others) every time they'd want to play? Definitely possible depending on how big each file would be, but it sounds like that would be tedious over time.
If that's the only way to do it, then yes.

Maybe you don't have to go online for it per se, like in a vault full of other people's items... but you have your own personal list uploaded to a cloud, and before you play the game maybe it quickly downloads your park.

Or maybe this isn't a thing at all, I don't really know.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2021, 08:39 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 21

If they only allow you to upload/download your own creations and do not allow sharing of stadiums then I am out.

They must give us the ability to use other people's creations. I know some of the talented guys here will doing incredible work in creating old time/classic ballparks. Make it like the roster and player vault. That should go without saying but I have a bad feeling about this.

C
Old 03-15-2021, 09:08 AM   #43
Rookie

jaydaddy03's Arena

OVR: 1

The Oakland Coliseum before Mt Davis and new A’s ballpark at Howard Terminal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2021, 09:27 AM   #44
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
If they only allow you to upload/download your own creations and do not allow sharing of stadiums then I am out.

They must give us the ability to use other people's creations. I know some of the talented guys here will doing incredible work in creating old time/classic ballparks. Make it like the roster and player vault. That should go without saying but I have a bad feeling about this.

C
Okay, clearly when I'm posting I am crossing wires here. Let me try and clear everything up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FACT: This game has Stadium Creator on current-gen consoles (PS5, XSX).

FACT: Stadium creations can be uploaded online and SHARED with the community.

SPECULATION: Stadium Creator is only available in Franchise and DD modes.

SPECULATION: There is a sharp limit on the number of stadium creations you can have. It might make sense that if it's only available in those two modes that you can only have one stadium created at a time anyway.

SPECULATION: If we are limited to the number of created stadiums, we may have to have our created stadiums uploaded somewhere online because of memory/storage limitations.

UBER SPECULATION: It is possible we may have a vault of our own to upload/download our own creations without needing to share them publicly with the world, for easy access of loading any of our creations at any time. Maybe we can't store any on the HDD at all, and the way we access and play them is with a quick download (perhaps even on the fly at the stadium select screen).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-15-2021, 11:14 AM   #45
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

User created stadiums won't override files of real in game stadiums. That doesn't seem logical and it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I am sure the real game stadiums are different file types than created if that makes sense seeing as how one can be uploaded and one likely won't be able to be.

There will highly likely be a max number we can save at one time on our system. Think like roster or franchises where we can only have x number of save files.

It would make no sense to have to download them every time you play as I am sure they will be bigger files than something like pga courses are in 2k21.

I am sure that we can save them then load them back into the game from the ps cloud like we can with any save file.

Like I said before it will likely just be a new selection option on the stadium select screen.

I think them mentioning it can be used in franchise and DD is just being said so that we know it means in addition to exhibition mode play as well.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 03-15-2021 at 11:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2021, 11:53 AM   #46
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

Rickwood field and Tiger stadium
Old 03-15-2021, 11:56 AM   #47
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
User created stadiums won't override files of real in game stadiums. That doesn't seem logical and it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I am sure the real game stadiums are different file types than created if that makes sense seeing as how one can be uploaded and one likely won't be able to be.
I didn't say that either. I meant overwriting other user-created stadiums.

This is really hard for me to get my messages across, isn't it. I make sense in my head, but I must not be typing my words out correctly. Deepest apologies for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
I think them mentioning it can be used in franchise and DD is just being said so that we know it means in addition to exhibition mode play as well.
And I don't truly believe that Stadium Creator will only be available in Franchise & DD. That's purely speculative since we don't know otherwise.
Old 03-15-2021, 12:19 PM   #48
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I didn't say that either. I meant overwriting other user-created stadiums.

This is really hard for me to get my messages across, isn't it. I make sense in my head, but I must not be typing my words out correctly. Deepest apologies for that.
I get what you are saying. Maybe I read it wrong too.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »