Home

MLB The Show 21: Stadium Creator and Next-Gen Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21: Stadium Creator and Next-Gen Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2021, 04:09 PM   #169
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB The Show 21: Stadium Creator and Next-Gen Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
There's a lot to like about Stadium creator in the video.

What I like:
1. Very comprehensive. Really loving how much it appears I can build.
2. Pre built templates will help those of us that aren't as good as building from scratch.
3. Open creativity. Make large walls, short fences. Make what you envision.
4. Protects batter's eye. Can't undo a good baseball rule.
5. A lot of options to choose. Appears we can build a stadium and have enough options to get it close to what we might be envisioning. Really looking forward to seeing how much and what I can choose from.
6. Stadium Vault. Being able to get to download all kinds of awesome creations is amazing.

What I don't like:
1. No domes. This is a misstep. A lot of folks wanted to build a dome or a classic dome. While I don't like Domed baseball stadiums, I think we should have had some dome options.
2. The presets might be too restrictive for the more creative crowd. While I pointed to this as a positive for those less creative I know there are some that want to start from scratch.
3. Current stadiums can't be edited. While the reasoning seemed to make sense, I know some of us wanted to take current stadiums and either make upgrades or in some cases return them to their look before renovations.
4. Online restrictions seem too strict. Until we see all the all the preset created stadiums it harder to judge but I didn't like the "any edit to the wall" rule they said. I don't know a perfect way but they should have come up with something that allows us to make our stadium and still play online with it, even it both sides have to agree or something.
5. Only 30 stadiums. While I'm sure that will be enough for a lot of us, I think a lot of folks were hoping for more. There will be a lot of awesome creations in the vault.
If they build on the feature you would think domes are coming. It's the next logical step for the feature. They may not have been able to come up with the right solution in time since Domes definitely complicate the process immensely.

Current stadiums likely won't ever be editable. Most licensing agreements for things like that will never allow it in any video game.

For online, there's like 200 different preset walls that can be used online. That seems like a huge number for that crowd.

Regarding point 5, you can use the vault as a way to save more of them. It seems weird they limited it unless it is for stability purposes for the game's sake, but ateast the vault will allow us to go past 30 and not lose anything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-10-2021, 08:07 PM   #170
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don't know if these answers are already known but:

1) Created Stadiums are only on Next Gen consoles. There is no vault on current gen to download created stadiums and play in them.

2) The 30 new generic stadiums that was created by SDS are next gen only

Just thought I would share

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-10-2021, 09:46 PM   #171
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If they build on the feature you would think domes are coming. It's the next logical step for the feature. They may not have been able to come up with the right solution in time since Domes definitely complicate the process immensely.

Current stadiums likely won't ever be editable. Most licensing agreements for things like that will never allow it in any video game.

For online, there's like 200 different preset walls that can be used online. That seems like a huge number for that crowd.

Regarding point 5, you can use the vault as a way to save more of them. It seems weird they limited it unless it is for stability purposes for the game's sake, but ateast the vault will allow us to go past 30 and not lose anything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I don’t disagree with any points that you made there. Overall, I’m very excited about this feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2021, 09:59 PM   #172
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
That's great for you. But an in-depth create-a-stadium isn't enough to justify a next-gen game when those resources could've gone to more important aspects of the game.

How do we know those resources would've gone into more important aspects of the game? That's common sense.
What a coincidence that the thing you don’t care for just happens to be at fault. What are the odds?
Old 04-10-2021, 11:05 PM   #173
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
That's great for you. But an in-depth create-a-stadium isn't enough to justify a next-gen game when those resources could've gone to more important aspects of the game.

How do we know those resources would've gone into more important aspects of the game? That's common sense.

Santa Monica/Cory Barlog spent 5 years completely revamping God of War and came away w/ the best game of the series b/c they committed to actual improvement across the board.

What is SDS's excuse for a "next-gen" reveal after 15 years?
Could not disagree more. Literally EVERY year one of the more popular things people have asked for is.........create a stadium. There’s a reason they’ve been working on it for so long and under wraps. This is a lot bigger deal than you think. That’s also common sense.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:30 AM   #174
Pro

OVR: 0

Does anyone know if “balanced” mode is still a resolution setting for the ps5 version?
Old 04-11-2021, 04:10 AM   #175
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Thank God I’m not going to drop $70 on this year’s next gen version since I’m getting it on gamepass. I think the devs had a lot of work bringing this to Xbox this year and stadium creator is nice, but like many others have said it’s not enough to move the needle for me. $70 just for stadium creator is a bit underwhelming. I’m sure next year they’ll have more time with both next gen consoles under their belts and they’ll have a more next gen jump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2021, 04:39 AM   #176
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm just curious, what is the problem with people not liking stadium creator?

Is it the whole should have used those resources on something else bit?

And of course there are gonna be many other improvements to the game. No huge groundbreaking improvements, well except for stadium creator, which is long overdue and something we've been asking for forever.

I think people are taking the new outfield play for granted. It could be a game changer. Also improvements to hitting, tons of new animations. But I understand if you don't wanna spend your money on it.

I guess maybe it's the whole I want this, and then you get it but aren't happy with it because it didn't fit your exact vision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »