Home

Rtts train higher caps?

This is a discussion on Rtts train higher caps? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
Rtts train higher caps?

I've final reached some attribute caps with "my player".

In previous years you could pick training drills to "raise your attribute caps," but I have yet to see the option.

Am I missing something? Or is the only way to raise caps by leveling up your badges?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2021, 04:33 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Rtts train higher caps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA

In previous years you could pick training drills to "raise your attribute caps," but I have yet to see the option.

Am I missing something? Or is the only way to raise caps by leveling up your badges?
Pretty sure 50 is the cap then only way to raise them is through badges(perks) and equipment.
Old 05-02-2021, 04:35 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:

This, kind of. All attributes are capped at 50 for in-game progression this year, and the rest of the attribute progress is earned by completing "missions" in the archetype you're using.

Some people are going to say that you have to play DD to get the full progression under this system, but that's not true. DD missions CAN be used to gain points in each archetype (and subsequently improved ratings), but it's not necessary because some of the offline RTTS missions are repeatable. And when I say "missions", they can be as simple as just getting plate appearances.

There is an issue in DD right now with mission progress not counting in games (stuff like "get x number of hits with a player"), and if that's happening in RTTS right now, that's a problem. But I don't know how things are going on that side. The devs stated intent is for people to be able to play RTTS without ever touching DD, though.

https://theshow.com/road-to-the-show...ements-repeat/
Old 05-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #4
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
This, kind of. All attributes are capped at 50 for in-game progression this year, and the rest of the attribute progress is earned by completing "missions" in the archetype you're using.

Some people are going to say that you have to play DD to get the full progression under this system, but that's not true. DD missions CAN be used to gain points in each archetype (and subsequently improved ratings), but it's not necessary because some of the offline RTTS missions are repeatable. And when I say "missions", they can be as simple as just getting plate appearances.

There is an issue in DD right now with mission progress not counting in games (stuff like "get x number of hits with a player"), and if that's happening in RTTS right now, that's a problem. But I don't know how things are going on that side. The devs stated intent is for people to be able to play RTTS without ever touching DD, though.

https://theshow.com/road-to-the-show...ements-repeat/
Ah. That's what I figured thanks for confirmation.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:08 PM   #5
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

I'm more worried about the stats like hr/9, h/9, etc.

Those can be raised slightly by badges I think, and definitely with equipment, but not being able to raise the cap is silly.

The other thing that is really bugging me, is it's only worth pitching for an AL team. It used to be only worth it pitching for an NL team.

I used to use the flame thrower archetype so my hitting power was good, and pitching in the NL, i could bat.

Now it makes no sense. If I play 3rd base or dh, I have 74 power and 56 contact, but when I pitch against an NL team and I'm using my pitcher load out, I have 30 pwr.

Yes, I could add a badge to give me hitting, but then I stink as a pitcher, just to have 40pwr.

Some of the stuff in rtts this year is so half baked. They wanted us to be 2 way players, but left a HUGE hole in the logic regarding power pitchers/power hitters. Add in not being able to raise pitcher caps for important stuff makes annoyed 2x's as much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2021, 09:03 PM   #6
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I'm more worried about the stats like hr/9, h/9, etc.

Those can be raised slightly by badges I think, and definitely with equipment, but not being able to raise the cap is silly.

The other thing that is really bugging me, is it's only worth pitching for an AL team. It used to be only worth it pitching for an NL team.

I used to use the flame thrower archetype so my hitting power was good, and pitching in the NL, i could bat.

Now it makes no sense. If I play 3rd base or dh, I have 74 power and 56 contact, but when I pitch against an NL team and I'm using my pitcher load out, I have 30 pwr.

Yes, I could add a badge to give me hitting, but then I stink as a pitcher, just to have 40pwr.

Some of the stuff in rtts this year is so half baked. They wanted us to be 2 way players, but left a HUGE hole in the logic regarding power pitchers/power hitters. Add in not being able to raise pitcher caps for important stuff makes annoyed 2x's as much.
Ya man. There have been a few of us saying how dumb it is.

Since they are pushing this 2 way player narrative so hard in RTTS, you'd think they woulda made it so you could actually be that player. Should have a way to have a pitcher archetype with a hitter/fielder archetype.

Instead your not really a 2 way player. More like a 1 way player today then a different 1 way player tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »