Home

MLB The Show 22 Technical Test Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Technical Test Available Now within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2022, 07:38 PM   #185
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 22 Technical Test Available Now

Am I just rusty or are hits and runs a little harder to come by this year? At least in the tech test, I know it isn’t the final build.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2022, 12:36 AM   #186
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0

I don’t know how I feel about the win probability. Right now it is fun to see it go up and down when you score runs. But I don’t know how it will be 4 months from now.

I know CB said he hopes there is an option to turn on/off the meter. But I would say it won’t be just how it is tied into the score bug. It does kind of tie into the border so it’s not too noticeable unless you look at it. But they could do it like they do the dynamic level for difficulty. You can have it pop on between the pitches when it changes or every AB.

The score big is nice and it is nice they went back to colors like 2020.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 02-19-2022, 11:28 AM   #187
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I don’t know how I feel about the win probability. Right now it is fun to see it go up and down when you score runs. But I don’t know how it will be 4 months from now.

I know CB said he hopes there is an option to turn on/off the meter. But I would say it won’t be just how it is tied into the score bug. It does kind of tie into the border so it’s not too noticeable unless you look at it. But they could do it like they do the dynamic level for difficulty. You can have it pop on between the pitches when it changes or every AB.

The score big is nice and it is nice they went back to colors like 2020.
Having it pop up only when it changes won't make it less noticeable because Win Probability changes literally every pitch. I don't totally get the distaste for WP (either in the game or in real life). I just see it as a tool for understating the state of the game.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:59 AM   #188
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Win probability popping up during an actual game makes more sense IRL because it seems like people who enjoy sports betting might find value in it.

In The Show it doesn't make much sense to me because we're the ones playing the game. I don't see the value it gives for a video game. IRL a player isn't thinking of win probability.

Given how touchy some online players are when losing, they might see they have a low % chance of winning and be more likely to rage quit. Of all the available stats they could have on screen they decided to add a probability meter. I just don't see the need for it.

If they are going to have it in the game it should be something you'd see at the start of a game, on the schedule screen or when the commentary team is discussing an upcoming series.

Sent from Operation Sports Xtreme Mobile App
Old 02-19-2022, 12:14 PM   #189
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Win probability popping up during an actual game makes more sense IRL because it seems like people who enjoy sports betting might find value in it.

In The Show it doesn't make much sense to me because we're the ones playing the game. I don't see the value it gives for a video game. IRL a player isn't thinking of win probability.

Given how touchy some online players are when losing, they might see they have a low % chance of winning and be more likely to rage quit. Of all the available stats they could have on screen they decided to add a probability meter. I just don't see the need for it.

If they are going to have it in the game it should be something you'd see at the start of a game, on the schedule screen or when the commentary team is discussing an upcoming series.

Sent from Operation Sports Xtreme Mobile App
I don’t have a problem with WP being in there. Adds to the immersion a little bit I think, because it feels like I’m watching a game on tv.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-19-2022, 12:31 PM   #190
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Was able to play a few games through options explorer this morning:

--Played on Dynamic Difficulty just to try and get a feel for the new difficulty levels. I was curious if they maybe adjusted all levels to be a bit more difficult that last year on top of adding Amateur and Minors below Rookie level. I don't really know if that's the case just a hypothesis

--Presentation does feel a bit different so I am interested to see that premiere. There seem to be a few new camera angles for some in between action shots. It definitely feels incomplete without commentary, but I do think they touched a couple things up

--I noticed that infielders do seem to slide a bit longer when they dive as opposed to stopping on a dime like last year

--Also noticed a new animation on a no-doubt HR down the line. Yordan Alvarez froze in his follow through in the box and waited to see if it would be foul and then celebrated a bit when it hit off the foul pole, which was refreshing from every hitter trying to wave the ball fair like Carlton Fisk.

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 02-19-2022, 01:15 PM   #191
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Can anyone who uses Pulse pitching tell me the difference between the Default and Classic options for the Pulse Meter Display? I thought Default used the double circles (big and small) as "targets" where as Classic was just the pulsing circle itself. However, when I change the options in the settings during the tech test, nothing changes.

EDIT: Apparently the new big/small circles are a new thing. If anyone knows how to get rid of those so I just see the pulsing circle, please share. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Cod; 02-19-2022 at 01:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2022, 01:31 PM   #192
Rookie

puckhogg11's Arena

OVR: 1

The bunting seems much improved this year. The sound of the ball coming off the bat sounds amazing as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »