Home

MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2022, 09:12 AM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

really a great thread i appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2022, 12:45 PM   #266
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Year 2 with The Nationals. Lost 106 games last year. Brought up Cavali and signed Benintendi and Syndegaard to large 2 yr deals just hoping to break 75 wins and hopefully compete the following year. In my story they're here to help develop the young guys and get a payday. We paid them well!
My issue is there any realistic move to get rid of Strasburg or Corbin? Corbin has a 5 ERA and Strasburg has pitched 8 games in 2 seasons. Not even a competitor down the stretch would take them would they? Is cutting either an option realistically?
Old 11-23-2022, 03:45 PM   #267
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
Year 2 with The Nationals. Lost 106 games last year. Brought up Cavali and signed Benintendi and Syndegaard to large 2 yr deals just hoping to break 75 wins and hopefully compete the following year. In my story they're here to help develop the young guys and get a payday. We paid them well!
My issue is there any realistic move to get rid of Strasburg or Corbin? Corbin has a 5 ERA and Strasburg has pitched 8 games in 2 seasons. Not even a competitor down the stretch would take them would they? Is cutting either an option realistically?
You could look for a pitching starved team that is ready to make a leap to contention and trade Strasburg there but only would likely get maybe a B rated prospect in return, and just pretend he's healthy. He would have to go to a team that doesn't have a tight budget though. I would think Corbin would just be a candidate for release.

Sent from my thoughts
Old 12-06-2022, 06:17 PM   #268
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Just started a franchise in 22, 1st New franchise since 14, and I'm looking to add some speed to my Cubs team. Just played a 3 game set with the Ray's and noticed Vidal Bujan. He is hitting .139 on the season playing sparingly behind Lowe and Franco. As a former top 5 Ray's prospect, what would be a fair offer?
Old 12-07-2022, 10:10 PM   #269
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Hey guys, first time posting in this thread ever as I never make manual trades in The Show because I only play as the Sox and I get way too attached to the real life players to get rid of their digital counterparts.

BUT....

I found a package (Bobby Dalbec, Josh Taylor, and a minor league 2B) that will get me either Spencer Torkelson or Andrew Vaughn, and that is incredibly tempting.

The same package would also get me Ryan Mountcastle, Josh Naylor, Miguel Sano, Jared Walsh, or Nathaniel Lowe (not counting the older players because I'm trying to get a little younger).

So should I get Torkelson or Vaughn?
Old 01-03-2023, 12:02 PM   #270
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Question...just picked up '22 and am rolling with the Rockies.

I feel like the White Sox want to be competitive, but there's also talk that they may potentially look to unload Liam Hendricks.

IMO, a good spot to upgrade for Chicago would be at 3B...Moncada was absolutely brutal last year, and, if they're going for it, could be replaced.

I've got Ryan McMahon ($11.6 mil), and they've got Moncada (-$11.7).

I'm assuming the Sox wouldn't go nuts and move Colas ($15.6)+Schultz ($5.9) to make up the difference (Which would still leave it short)?
Old 01-03-2023, 12:53 PM   #271
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Question...just picked up '22 and am rolling with the Rockies.

I feel like the White Sox want to be competitive, but there's also talk that they may potentially look to unload Liam Hendricks.

IMO, a good spot to upgrade for Chicago would be at 3B...Moncada was absolutely brutal last year, and, if they're going for it, could be replaced.

I've got Ryan McMahon ($11.6 mil), and they've got Moncada (-$11.7).

I'm assuming the Sox wouldn't go nuts and move Colas ($15.6)+Schultz ($5.9) to make up the difference (Which would still leave it short)?

I think we’ll need some more context here.

If you just picked up ‘22, I’m assuming your using default rosters and playing thru the 2022 season.

If so, whatever happened IRL this year should not affect your franchise. Moncada only has -11.7 value because he struggled IRL last year.

Using baseball trade values isn’t going to really work anymore at this point since there’s a whole year of Data being valued that isn’t reflective of your franchise.

So you’ll need to use the old school method trade calculator which takes into account a players previous WAR, Contract, etc.

If you’re looking for this trade calculator you can search back to I think the MLB ‘20 Trade Thread or look at my list history and download my Franchise Spreadsheet which includes it in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2023, 01:45 PM   #272
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
I think we’ll need some more context here.

If you just picked up ‘22, I’m assuming your using default rosters and playing thru the 2022 season.

If so, whatever happened IRL this year should not affect your franchise. Moncada only has -11.7 value because he struggled IRL last year.

Using baseball trade values isn’t going to really work anymore at this point since there’s a whole year of Data being valued that isn’t reflective of your franchise.

So you’ll need to use the old school method trade calculator which takes into account a players previous WAR, Contract, etc.

If you’re looking for this trade calculator you can search back to I think the MLB ‘20 Trade Thread or look at my list history and download my Franchise Spreadsheet which includes it in there.
Sorry-I've got it on PS4, and downloaded a current roster from the vault, with updated service time/contracts/etc., so, in theory, we're rolling in 2023 (Obviously it's still the '22 schedule).

I guess I'm more or less looking for perspective on whether the White Sox would have interest, and if so, would they tie two good prospects on there to make it work? In fairness, Colas is at the bottom of the top 100 prospects, and Schultz isn't even there yet, so it's not as wild and wacky of a return as I previously was worried about, but again, I don't even know whether it's something that I'd be wildly interested in either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »