Home

Any manage mode players get early access?

This is a discussion on Any manage mode players get early access? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2022, 12:16 PM   #9
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any manage mode players get early access?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Ten games into the season I've lost four games with 9th inning or later home runs.

AI programmed to power swing late in games is still a thing. I'm going to have to experiment with different closers to see what style can negate the home runs. Maybe pitchers with good movement and control instead of power pitchers.

A large part of a successful franchise in manage mode is figuring out how the game is programmed and figuring out how to beat it which frequently doesn't match reality.
Was your closer fresh? How many games has he closed already? How was his confidence? What was the situations in those 4 games?

I always close by committee to a certain point. I have 3 pitchers in my head who I would let close a game. If my closer has worked 3 of the last 5 games, he wont close the next. Just as an example.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-08-2022, 02:41 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Was your closer fresh? How many games has he closed already? How was his confidence? What was the situations in those 4 games?

I always close by committee to a certain point. I have 3 pitchers in my head who I would let close a game. If my closer has worked 3 of the last 5 games, he wont close the next. Just as an example.
I used two different closers and they were both fresh. First ten games of the season.

Are you seeing low scoring games in manage mode like I am? What team do you use?
Old 04-08-2022, 03:14 PM   #11
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I used two different closers and they were both fresh. First ten games of the season.

Are you seeing low scoring games in manage mode like I am? What team do you use?
No, not really. Scoring has been pretty decent. I had one game I lost by 7 runs. I think the final was 4 - 11. I think that was actually the highest scoring game I had. Scores have been pretty good. Overall, the gameplay has been pretty solid. Scoring seems better too. I remember in previous versions it seemed you would only score in certain stretch of innings, but that might have just been me over thinking.

I use the Guardians and default roster. AS default setting right now. I did move injury to 10/6. Thats the only adjustment I made

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2022, 03:35 PM   #12
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
No, not really. Scoring has been pretty decent. I had one game I lost by 7 runs. I think the final was 4 - 11. I think that was actually the highest scoring game I had. Scores have been pretty good. Overall, the gameplay has been pretty solid. Scoring seems better too. I remember in previous versions it seemed you would only score in certain stretch of innings, but that might have just been me over thinking.

I use the Guardians and default roster. AS default setting right now. I did move injury to 10/6. Thats the only adjustment I made
First MOM of my franchise.

Washington 6 10 0
Mets. 10 11 0

Mets scored 5 in the first
I got 2 in the 3rd
4 in the 5th to take the lead
Brought in that stinking Carl Edwards Jr in the 6th and he got shelled for 4
Mets get 1 more in the 8th
Edwards was released after the game

2nd game 5-3 victory
3rd game 10-0….whoa
4th game 7-3 loss to the Phils
Old 04-08-2022, 04:58 PM   #13
Pro

I didn’t get the game last year but so far plays great plenty of hitting and looks fantastic I play most of my ball with OOTP but it’s nice to see the action some times and this game is beautiful.So far about 10 games in this plays by far the best Mom game I’ve played on The Show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 04-08-2022, 08:37 PM   #14
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

How is the CPU bullpen management?
Old 04-09-2022, 11:00 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:

Too early to render a judgement with this few games played but I'm seeing low scoring. Maybe it will even out. I'm not seeing as many balls curving weirdly foul as in mlbts21 so that's definitely an improvement.
Old 04-09-2022, 12:32 PM   #16
MVP

forme95's Arena

I have to say, my only real complaint thus far about MoM is the foul ball ratio. The cpu seems to foul off way more pitches then hum team does. Game avg is about 15% for hum and 29% for cpu. Would be no big deal except it creates higher pitch count innings for hum and keeps cpu starter in longer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »