Home

Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

This is a discussion on Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2022, 05:51 PM   #185
Rookie

dbekoscke's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
SDS has been building a new franchise mode. That's what MTO is imo. They're building it up a little at a time, including some offseason features this year. I believe they've even said Franchise is based on a lot of really old code. I think in the next couple years, maybe even next year, you'll be able to play every game in MTO and that'll "replace" Franchise.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Yeah, this has definitely been the plan for rebuilding franchise mode from the very foundation. SDS has repeatedly mentioned the 'old code' that franchise relies on. It's why any improvements to franchise mode year over year are pretty small. They're not going to dump a bunch of resources into the old franchise during each yearly game dev cycle.

As far as MTO, they developed the foundation and framework several years ago. It was pretty barebones during it's first release, but each year since, they've continued building it out. It's been a slow process for sure, and they haven't really wanted to admit that it will be the new franchise mode, but I'e been 100 percent certain over the past 2 years that this is their plan exactly.

Then, when MTO is built out to a point where it can do the things that franchise mode can do in it's current state (or possibly more) the old franchise mode will disappear forever. It's a solid plan when you understand the limited dev cycle for these yearly sports games. If SDS had been working on MTO out of public view over the time they've been developing it, we'd only have seen the small old franchise improvements year over year, and everyone would be 1000x more frustrated about the state of it.

I'm also really hoping that SDS can harness the better power (CPU) of the next-gen consoles to bring in some really, really deep simulation/stat tracking/trade and AI logic that wouldn't have been possible on older consoles. They can advertise MTO as the SMART franchise mode or whatever they want to call it, if players can really see how deep the mode is.

Wow, this post turned out quite longer than expected, but I'm just getting real excited as I think about possible improvements for MLBTS23 and the next few releases after that on next-gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2022, 09:12 PM   #186
Rookie

MLB 23 needs the following:

1. Brand new presentation packages. Presentation has been lacking for years. I forget what year that Sony MLB had a great presentation package with a lot of cut scenes and choosing different camera angles..etc. Also bring back SLOW PLAY. Enough with a rushed or hybrid setting game play. If you need to have two modes to appease everyone then that’s fine. Have a slow and fast play mode. In the slow mode we should have every presentation cut scenes and where the catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher on every pitch and the pitcher has to wait for the batter to get setup in the batters box, and while the batter is setting up for the next pitch have a cut scene or two of crowds or players on the field then cut back to pitcher and batter like in real baseball. Mix it up alittle. In MLB 22 even in slow play when batting, I didn’t have time to think what I was gonna do in the batters box since the AI pitcher sets up quickly and throws his next pitch so quickly before I am even setup in the box. So Sony slow the f’ing game down. Have 2 modes if need be and no hybrid crap. Sony used to have the two modes in the game but they took it out.

2. Broadcast announcer presentation in 22 started out good but again it got repetitive but I like the new commentators. They also have to implement a conversation system where they actually talk about stories as the game is being played and they stop mid conversation to address what’s happening on the field. Hell MLB 2k 11 had this system in place with the Krukster in the booth. That game still has the best broadcasting for a baseball game.

3. Bring sounds of the show back to the next gen consoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-17-2022, 06:31 AM   #187
Rookie

xxvii's Arena

I'd also like cutscenes of managers getting ejected, CPU managers challenging plays as well, for us to do more challenging beside runner safe at 1st, which doesnt always let you. Just add a bunch more cutscenes.
I wish they added Qualcomm stadium. I know you can build stadiums, but Im stuck on PS4 and cant afford a PS5. Would be cool to play at the Q
Last, to be able to do warmups. Like how when you call a reliever, you can throw practice pitches. It would be nice in franchise mode to take practice swings with your batters before the game and they add something where you can tell if a player is fatigued, hurt (kinda like how they give the pop up suggestion to replace them in lineup screen)
Old 11-17-2022, 11:35 AM   #188
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

One thing I'd absolutely love to see, especially for this year, is full World Baseball Classic integration. Have a WBC tournament mode (similar to Postseason Mode, but with the correct format) with its own presentation package and even some of the international venues. The real uniforms of the participating countries with rosters as accurate as possible using the MLB and MiLB players already in the game, and the ability to edit the remaining players would be great. Even being able to choose those teams in Play Now.

Even better would be if the game could eventually be like FIFA where they have the license to use some of the most prominent foreign leagues like NPB (Japan), KBO (Korea), LMB (Mexico), ABL (Australia), etc. And then you could incorporate them into franchise by allowing you to scout and sign players from those leagues.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:59 PM   #189
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I'd love the WBC to be in the game. I'm really excited for the real tournament. They'd probably have to use a lot of fake players, but I'd be cool with that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »