Home

Rogers Centre roof question

This is a discussion on Rogers Centre roof question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-28-2022, 08:33 PM   #1
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Rogers Centre roof question

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find any threads regarding the topic.

I recently bought this year's game for PS4, and playing a Blue Jays franchise the roof is always set to open with clear skies. There doesn't seem to be any randomness like there was in previous years (the last version I bought was 20.)

Is there something I'm missing regarding settings, or is this a bug or design decision?

The only other retractable roof I've played at so far (Minute Maid or whatever it's called now if it's changed) had random weather.

And while I'm asking questions, is there a way to change the default broadcast setting? During initial set-up I chose regional broadcast as the default, but I've come to like the Show Theme better, but can't find a way to change it. Not a huge deal at all since I just have to change it when I start a game, but it would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2022, 11:56 PM   #2
Rookie

dragster646's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rogers Centre roof question

I'm playing on the Switch and when you're starting the game you're able to select whether or not to have the roof open or closed. Ironically, I think you can actually have the roof closed and still select what type of weather to have. That goes for the other stadiums I've played in (Houston and Seattle).

I'm not sure if the Switch version is more in line with the next gen versions or the older gen versions...or some kind of mix of the two.

As for the broadcast option, I'm pretty sure you have to set it every game, I haven't seen a default option ( I could be wrong though).
Old 06-29-2022, 11:48 AM   #3
MVP

Azamien's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster646
I'm playing on the Switch and when you're starting the game you're able to select whether or not to have the roof open or closed.
I get that. What I mean is that it used to be random like weather at other stadiums. Now it's always set initially as open/clear. I haven't played a series in Tampa or Milwaukee yet, but in Houston the weather seemed to be random, rather than the open/clear that is always the default at Rogers Centre in my franchise.

Basically I'm trying to figure out if I triggered a hidden setting by playing my first exhibition game at Rogers Centre with open/clear conditions or if it's the same for everyone.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:29 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I can't speak for Toronto as I've only played 3 games there and I believe the roof was open all 3 games, but as the Cardinals I play in Milwaukee quite often and the roof has been both open and closed in games I've played there.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-29-2022, 04:10 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Yeah it was like that in last year's game too for Rogers Center. You didn't trigger anything. It's always sunny with the roof open in franchise.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2022, 09:55 AM   #6
MVP

Azamien's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
Yeah it was like that in last year's game too for Rogers Center. You didn't trigger anything. It's always sunny with the roof open in franchise.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Operation Sports mobile app
Thanks. At least now I know I just need to come up with my own randomization system. My wife was a software dev until last year. Maybe I can bribe her to write me a little script that would take climate factors into account.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »