Home

UFC Undisputed 2009 Exclusive Early Look (CBS)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2009 Exclusive Early Look (CBS) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: UFC Undisputed 2009 Exclusive Early Look (CBS)

Aye - it was confirmed quite some time ago that fighters start in the cage.

10 hours seems good to me. Training shouldn't take up much time in the game; as the focus should be the fighting... And even if all your fights go to a decisions, that's 4 fights in an hour, which is 40 fights - which is a hell of a lot. And from the sound of the game, not many fights are going the distance.

Even if you get the championship and have 5 round fights that go the distance you can defend the title around 7 times in 4 hours of play. That is again if the fights go all the way, which they won't.

So really - even taking out the time it'll take to train (however, they do that), 10 hours is a hell of a lot for a single career.

Then once he's done, you can move on to a totally different fighter - or try again and see how it turns out that time.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: UFC Undisputed 2009 Exclusive Early Look (CBS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Aye - it was confirmed quite some time ago that fighters start in the cage.

10 hours seems good to me. Training shouldn't take up much time in the game; as the focus should be the fighting... And even if all your fights go to a decisions, that's 4 fights in an hour, which is 40 fights - which is a hell of a lot. And from the sound of the game, not many fights are going the distance.

Even if you get the championship and have 5 round fights that go the distance you can defend the title around 7 times in 4 hours of play. That is again if the fights go all the way, which they won't.

So really - even taking out the time it'll take to train (however, they do that), 10 hours is a hell of a lot for a single career.

Then once he's done, you can move on to a totally different fighter - or try again and see how it turns out that time.
just to piggyback on your post a little bit. The round time for the demo's I've seen was about 2:38 seconds of real time for 5min game time (accellerated clock). I'm not sure if there are any options to make the rounds real time, but the eb-and-flow of the fight I saw it looked pretty balanced. So in that setting the fights will be numerous and there will be time for training/micromanaging too.

I've never seen a number tacked on to a career mode for a fighting/boxing game before, it's a bit strange - and I'm sure the number will vary wildly for all of us. I think back at past games and if I had to guess most were probably under 10 hours for the career. The fight night series was, most of the K-1 games were half that or less for sure. The dreamcast UFC was probably 1-2 hours. So anyone concerned about that number I really wouldn't worry about it.

I was thinking the 7 year thing would tick way more people off - but again, I think it's a standard to keep people from having records of 105-11-2. I thought for a while how it might be interesting to have a fighter that doesn't fight often getting a similar number of fights in a longer time span - but the problem with that is many of the 80 fighters would be in their 50's (and possibly 60s) if you dragged out the career too long.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6
this might be the game to take me off of my MLB '09 The Show addiction!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »