Home

UFC 97: Redemption

This is a discussion on UFC 97: Redemption within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #161
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: UFC 97: Redemption

That's obvious. I mean I have no clue what he has in mind to prevent it from happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #162
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
That's obvious. I mean I have no clue what he has in mind to prevent it from happening.
The only thing I could think of is he could make an example of Leites. Bury him on the undercard, maybe even release him. Just something to send the mssage that if you fight like that, no matter how good you are, there's no place for you in the UFC.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with doing something like that, but I could certainly see Dana White doing it.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #163
Banned

OVR: 12

That would suck. Maybe they could have the refs deduct points after 2 flopping attempts. To me there's a correct way of pulling guard and then theres the Leites way.

Thales Leites really blew that thinking back on it. He knows he's outclassed in the stand up so instead of selling out in an attempt to get the take down, he just continually flops on his back praying Silva gets into his guard and on top of that not risking anything himself. What way is that to fight as a challenger?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:52 AM   #164

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I dont think Dana has to worry about this happening much anyways so he may not do anything about it unless it becomes a problem that pops up a little more often. I wouldnt mind them letting the ref's take a point if the fighter continues to do it but other then that I dont see how they can really do anything.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #165
MVP

OVR: 13

If you ask me both fighters should have been deducted a point. Silva's kicks to Leites' knee were about as safe as you can play it without actually just standing there. Between his unwillingness to really attack and Leites' flops this match was utterly terrible. Also, I thought it was illegal to kick at the knees like that. I know it is in other leagues so maybe it just isn't in the UFC but I could swear it was.

If I was Dana I would encourage the ref to deduct points for behavior such as this and would make sure that if you finish a fight with less than 26 points for a 3-round fight or 44 points for a 5-round fight you don't get paid.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »