Home

Wish list for UFC undisputed

This is a discussion on Wish list for UFC undisputed within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Wish list for UFC undisputed

I think the one big area I would like to see improved. Cage making a difference. Like sliding someone in a corner of the cage which would limit transitions on that side or given the person on his back the ability to kick off the cage to roll out.

The way it is handled now, the cage basically is no point. It does not limit transitions or have any bearing on a fight.

The second thing I would like to see done is in the league as the above wish. In the stand up, clinch work against the cage. Using your back against the cage to limit take downs, using leverage from off the cage for judo throws and such.

What else do you want to see improved on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Wish list for UFC undisputed

I'm with you 100% with the cage playing a better role in the fights. I think it would be pretty cool if you were about to get slammed near the cage and be able to grab it. I'd take the point deduction lol.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I'm with you 100% with the cage playing a better role in the fights. I think it would be pretty cool if you were about to get slammed near the cage and be able to grab it. I'd take the point deduction lol.
I was playing the other night with the stamina bar on just to get the feel for the indepth part of how everything works. Slams take off a huge chunk of stamina to the guy getting slammed. Which then will make subs and ground and pound much easier after a slam has happened.

That is a cool idea. Like when Matt Hughes slammed Carlos Newton in their first match. Carlos grabbed the cage, ref warned him, he let go and Matt slammed him for the KO.

Now that I think about it, I hope we can see a KO from a slam. Has anyone seen a slam either rock Rua or KO him in the demo?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Now that I think about it, I hope we can see a KO from a slam. Has anyone seen a slam either rock Rua or KO him in the demo?
I've rocked Shogun with Chuck's signature slam from full guard.

As for my wish, entrances. I'm sure it's high on the team's list for next year. And having a customizable entrance in career mode after getting a certain amount of cred would be great.

Oh, another wish, get rid of 'cred'. Sounds so outdated. I'm not sure what they'd replace it with, but just get rid of 'cred'.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd just like to be able to check leg kicks

As far as the cage making a difference:

Pro - Realistic

Con - It could muddy the controls if they did it wrong especially if they gave you the ability to grab the fence. I don't know if I want the game to STOP like IRL and go through all of this presentation (if they did it any other way you guys would be pissed) just so they can deduct a point from me. That's me though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Fighters can be rocked from a slam, but I think it's been confirmed they can't be KO'd.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Entrances! Can't get hyped for a Wandy fight without Sandstorm. How are they supposed to know there aint gonna be no sunshine against Anderson? Franklin can't rock without For Those About to Rock.

They only have 2 of the 3 ring girls,my favorite being left out (Logan) so they should add her in.

Should probably wait for the full game to judge anything else.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I was playing the other night with the stamina bar on just to get the feel for the indepth part of how everything works. Slams take off a huge chunk of stamina to the guy getting slammed. Which then will make subs and ground and pound much easier after a slam has happened.

That is a cool idea. Like when Matt Hughes slammed Carlos Newton in their first match. Carlos grabbed the cage, ref warned him, he let go and Matt slammed him for the KO.

I'm gonna have to take exception to this example, lol.

The reason Carlos got slammed is because Matt Hughes was OUT. He got choked out on his feet by the triangle and so when he passed out he came crashing down. It just so happens that Carlos was doing the old-school Triangle finish (both hands on the back of the head) and had no brace coming down. He plants the back of his head on the matt, gets KOed and Big John thinks Matt slammed him.

Watch the end though, Matt has to get woken up and when he is, he doesn't know what just happened. He THEN finds out that he won via a slam KO and celebrates. He (Matt) lost that fight and Carlos should've retained the belt.

Their second fight though, well that was all Matt, lol... Carlos apparently had a really bad cold the week before and had no gas.

"The two most important days in your
life are the day you are born and the day
you find out why.”

- Mark Twain

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »