Home

Info from the strategy guide

This is a discussion on Info from the strategy guide within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Info from the strategy guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasight
This.

It won't be as easy as you think. All one has to do is block transitions to their hearts content. Slip in a transition when the guy starts throwing strikes. I am interested to see how Judokas fight though. Luckily, I drafted Karo so I'm making it a priority to learn it front to back.
I think jiu-jitsu is going to be very popular online. I've played the demo for hours against a buddy, and not only are submissions possible, they're actually pretty reliable.

Clinch - pull guard - rubber guard - sweep to mount - posture up - block some transitions - triangle

With a quick, effective grappler, that's pretty efficient, especially considering there's only one tricky major transition in there.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #18
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

man, that's an impressive list... im really loving how each seperate discipline is so deep that to really master it, you have to specialize at it and train until those moves become second nature.

it gives the games a long shelf life because as you master one, you can move to another and struggle as you try an figure out that discipline..

very well thought out

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 05-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

here's a question I don't know if anyone can answer - when you fight in career mode are you fighting a bunch of no name scrubs to get to the decent fighters in the game or do you start out fighting pros right away? if you finish a guys career out - will he be added to the roster of fighters you fight during a new career mode?? anybody know
Old 05-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Being that there are 82 fighters in the game with about 16 fighters per a weight class, I doubt you will face too many no name scrubs in career mode.

As far as your other question, I don't know if he will be added to the roster of your new career mode.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #21
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
here's a question I don't know if anyone can answer - when you fight in career mode are you fighting a bunch of no name scrubs to get to the decent fighters in the game or do you start out fighting pros right away? if you finish a guys career out - will he be added to the roster of fighters you fight during a new career mode?? anybody know
you fight some scrubs at the beginning for sure. You get opportunities to fight pros, sometimes too early. When you finish career, you can add him to the exhibition roster and take him online...I don't know, but I doubt he is involved in any subsiquent careers.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »