Home

Dana White: "ESPN's E:60 Was A Piece Of ****"

This is a discussion on Dana White: "ESPN's E:60 Was A Piece Of ****" within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Dana White: "ESPN's E:60 Was A Piece Of ****"

I love that dana has balls and keeps it real, but at this level clean up the language a bit. The last thing we want is a swearing out of control president for a sports thats already considered brutal.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
You know what I hate? When someone keeps saying "Why aren't you more like Stern or Bud?" First off he doesn't run a ***** league. Second, UFC needs a guy like Dana to run their company. Don't like it? Well boo hoo, what are you going to do about it?
Um. Touche.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

I don't think Dana needs to act like Stern or Selig to make UFC big, not by a long shot, but he may be forced to tone it down somewhat. I don't like it at all, I admire honest people, whatever else their faults may be, but if Dana wants to take UFC primetime, then he must speak the language of business not the language of the street.

Last edited by GoVols1985; 05-19-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 9

I think he is just a reflection of the sport...edgy and in your face. I do agree that he does need to tone it done but at least we can respect him in the fact that he will tell you like it is and not afraid of the publicity he gets. I guess that may work now as he is trying to continue building his brand to become more popular but down the line, I'm sure it's going to bite him where it hurts...the wallet.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

I really like the ufc but i can't said dana white.You guys can kiss his *** all day but he doesn't come off as a professional in anyway he does come off as a pompous, arrogant jerk who thinks he can say whatever he wants.People have to remember that the ufc is on top because of the fighters not "dana white".
Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.J
I really like the ufc but i can't said dana white.You guys can kiss his *** all day but he doesn't come off as a professional in anyway he does come off as a pompous, arrogant jerk who thinks he can say whatever he wants.People have to remember that the ufc is on top because of the fighters not "dana white".
But that's the point, he's honest. There's no doubt that he really thinks the way he talks, and there is something to be said for that in the era of prepared statements and spin doctors. Personally, I would much rather deal with an honest jerk than a slickster who tells me what he thinks I want to hear, which is common in the more mainstream sports like football and basketball. The problem with this, however, is that while it may appeal to me, I'm not the target audience for someone wishing to go mainstream, which is what the UFC has been moving towards for the last few years. The mainstream values professionalism over honesty, so that's what Dana has to give them if he wants them to come to UFC, and which he clearly has not been doing well at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »