Home

Affliction 3 - Fedor v. Barnett

This is a discussion on Affliction 3 - Fedor v. Barnett within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Affliction 3 - Fedor v. Barnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Well, he did knock out Ricco Rodriguez and Andrei Arlovski.
Also got KO'ed by AA. They kinda' cancel each other out...

Quote:
Also, do you find anything odd about criticizing Sylvia for knocking out mostly nobodies, and yet hailing Arlovski whose recent run has had maybe one borderline top ten fighter in it?
I don't recall hailing AA - but I'd be remiss not to mention that both Werdum and Rothwell were top 10 when he fought them. You need to keep in mind, though- that the people who vote on the rankings at Sherdog, MMAWeekly, HDnet, etc.- take more into account than MMAth. They're also looking more subjectively at how crisp a fighter looks in the ring, etc. That might be why your opinions on where fighters should be ranked are so out-of-step with reality.

Quote:
Nope. I think Sylvia had little chance years ago, and I think he had even less chance now. I never said otherwise.
Yeah- there's a whole lot of "never said otherwise" going on this post. You've implied plenty today without actually coming out and saying it. I'm not going to get caught up in playing cat and mouse with you over that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus001
Man, just a few more days and you get to see a brand new episode of TUF.
It's kind of a guilty pleasure, though- I have to admit. Sure- the reality show has ushered in a tidal wave of morons who put their focus on one organization and it's potty-mouthed owner instead of on the fighters themselves. They've infested every MMA board I know of and have dragged down the average MMA IQ to almost zero as a consequence.

The fighters from the reality show have watered down the UFC's roster for the most part. We've had to sit and watch a lot of mediocre talent from the reality show routinely take PPV slots and paydays away from veteran fighters who deserved it more.

And yet- I still watch the son of a b*tch.

I don't talk about it. I don't even get excited about it. But I still watch it...
Old 05-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmguy1974
I don't recall hailing AA
You said Affliction is "the best place for a HW to test himself right now, as the top 3 HW's in the world are there". I'm assuming Fedor, Barnett, and Arlovski.

Quote:
Yeah- there's a whole lot of "never said otherwise" going on this post. You've implied plenty today without actually coming out and saying it. I'm not going to get caught up in playing cat and mouse with you over that.
Show me where I implied Sylvia was ever a legit contender to Fedor. Seriously. Do it.

Since we both know you can't, let me show you otherwise. Look at this:

"He recently choked out Sylvia, who is apparently one of Fedor's top contenders."

That is me ridiculing the idea that Sylvia could contend with Fedor. That is the only reason I would put the word 'apparently' in that sentence. But I get you might have missed that, it's kinda subtle, I suppose.

But when I said that Big Nog was "not as great as he once was, but...very formidable" and you responded with "you're putting yourself in a small minority by pretending that (his skills have not decreased) just to try and help bolster your point", that's just bull**** on your part. It's either dishonest, or stupid. And I don't mean that in a mean-spirited way, it's just a matter of fact.

Don't pretend like I'm the one playing cat-and-mouse, and please stop trying to read any implifcations into what I say because so far, you've failed miserably at reading what I am explicitly saying.

Now unless there's some new insight injected into this discussion, I'm done. You've destroyed any belief I had in you having honest motives in this discussion. You want to make your points, you want to argue against some caricature of a noob MMA fan who loves the UFC and hates anything Dana White doesn't approve of, and you're willing to build strawmen to do so, so I'm just done man. Take care.

Last edited by Wet Bandit; 05-22-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #44
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

There is some strange part in me that wants to see Fedor face Bob Sapp....and lose. Only to see the cataclysmic implosion on Sherdog and the MMA world.

And I try to get in the TUF, but I always end up tuning out halfway through. It's just not for me I suppose.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
And I try to get in the TUF, but I always end up tuning out halfway through. It's just not for me I suppose.
The thing that gets me about the show is the fights obviously don't have commentary. I'm just so accustomed to watching fights with commentary, it's almost an eerie silence watching the fights on TUF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #46
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
The fighters from the reality show have watered down the UFC's roster for the most part. We've had to sit and watch a lot of mediocre talent from the reality show routinely take PPV slots and paydays away from veteran fighters who deserved it more.
Diego Sanchez
Forrest Griffin
Rashad Evans
Joe Stevenson
Michael Bisping

Man, these guys and their mediocre talent have really watered down the UFC PPVs. Damn TUF anyhow.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #47
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP
Diego Sanchez
Forrest Griffin
Rashad Evans
Joe Stevenson
Michael Bisping

Man, these guys and their mediocre talent have really watered down the UFC PPVs. Damn TUF anyhow.
You dare omit Andy Wang from that list? Blasphemer.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Take care.
You too!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »