Home

Patch of UFC 2009 confirmed

This is a discussion on Patch of UFC 2009 confirmed within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Patch of UFC 2009 confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
They erase my record or anyone elses, and I would expect them to be dishin out some refunds.
Why would them erasing EVERYONES record have any bearing on YOU??? They erase the records EVERYONE starts back at zero, so it is not like you are the only one getting your E-penis taking away.

This is what is wrong with online gaming now. We have so many kids who care ONLY about their record. Not about playing realistically, not about sportsmanship, not about just having fun, no no no they have to have a record to validate themselves.

I would go on record and say that the majority of your older mature guys who still game could gives a rats *** about the records. They just don't want to deal with kids who care so much about their records that they disconnect games when they are losing.

I for one and all for if they got rid of the win/loss records. I can promise alot of these issues would go away. I understand completely that having a record is in the spirit of the sport. But when it leads to this kind of issue, then why is it worth having.

Gator take a step back, the record is not that important in life, There is many things more worth while than your precious record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #66
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I'd love to see them reset the records just so the plug pullers hard work can go to waste lol. I don't even understand how someone has the drive to disconnect their 360 everytime they're about to lose.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

I find it funny that dudes get heated just because THQ might reset the records as if they really fought IRL. ITS A DAMN VIDEO GAME!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #68
MVP

Parasight's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I'd love to see them reset the records just so the plug pullers hard work can go to waste lol. I don't even understand how someone has the drive to disconnect their 360 everytime they're about to lose.
Amen. I have like 200+ games under my belt (ranked) also, and I would still prefer they clear all records.

And to those doubting a patch, the immediate source who broke the eventuality of it is Caspel. The dude who went to UFC 98, spent most of the day with the THQ folks and even met a bunch of UFC fighters (Griffin, Fitch etc.) with pictures to prove it. He also works for Planet XBOX, and had the review copy and was feeding us info a week before the game came out. I'd say he's a legit source.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #69

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Im 22-6. Ive yet to have anyone quit on me, nor have a quit on anyone. They erase my record or anyone elses, and I would expect them to be dishin out some refunds.
Sure thing buddy, I would love to see you in the refund line at the store demanding your money back because they reset the records online, lol. Some consumers crack me up with the sense of power they think they have over companies, if you are mad then sell the game and move on but you arent going to get a refund no matter how angry you get.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #70
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
I find it funny that dudes get heated just because THQ might reset the records as if they really fought IRL. ITS A DAMN VIDEO GAME!!!
We talking about practice man, practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game, but practice man. How funny is that? We not talking about a game that I put my heart on the line and die for every night, we talking about practice.

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Old 05-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndeezlo
We talking about practice man, practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game, but practice man. How funny is that? We not talking about a game that I put my heart on the line and die for every night, we talking about practice.
Fail
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 9

I care about my record as much as the next man. I don't mind them erasing it at all... mostly because my record sucks and also because I've been hosed out of at least 15-20 wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »