Home

Stamina Bar

This is a discussion on Stamina Bar within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you use the Stamina Bar?
Yes 17 41.46%
No 24 58.54%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #17
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Stamina Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I use it because I can. It's a valuable tool IMO. Refusing to use it because it's not "realistic" only puts yourself at a disadvantage to someone who is using it.
Not really, you can easily tell if they are worn out or if you are worn out yourself.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

To you stamina bar users, if you know someone isn't using it would you keep it on anyways?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #19
Rookie

HeavySaucer's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm using the stamina bar as I learn the game, but stamina doesn't seem to matter much in a lot of situations anyway. I've been trying to beat Rua with my CAF for hours, but every time he beats me he has about zero stamina. I can have him in a mount with zero stamina for three minutes, and every time I try to punch him he transitions out with zero stamina. I will block like ten transitions in a row, try to punch him and boom, he transitions again with zero stamina. Plus, I can have full stamina while he has none, and he will tap me out wth ease. I just don't get it.

Anyway, I will probably turn the bar off soon once I figure out how in the world to beat this guy!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #20
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by popttart
i get what you guys are saying from what i quoted, but you cant exagerate it that bad gutter to bumper, because your opponate and you both have it, now to the following guy that has 100-29 shows it doesnt matter, but at the same time sense you both have it, theres nothing wrong, its just a personal prefrence to some players, cus no offense, with some noobs on there that run with the super punch and waist there stanima, you can submit them in less then a min. lol
Whenever i go bowling we are all in the same lane. So if the bumpers are up everyone can use them. So if i get a strike with no bumpers (submission without stamina bar) and my friend gets a strike off the bumper (submission with stamina bar) its the same thing. Is it fair when my friend gets a 300 and i get a 300 but he used bumpers on 95% of his strikes and i didnt?

So to me the bowling referance is perfect. One guy gets strikes and one uses the bumper to get strikes, how is that fair? Maybe there is a reason that why the bumper isnt allowed for ranked bowling matches.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #21
Pro

Rau71's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
To you stamina bar users, if you know someone isn't using it would you keep it on anyways?
I would turn it off if I knew the other guy had his off. The only reason I use it is to try and make sure I don't leave myself too tired to stop a submission. Other then that it is kind of like a false hope, because in my CAF career I have taken someone down to no bar at all, both colors gone, and I still couldn't finish him.

Last edited by Rau71; 06-04-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #22
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I use it online because im sure most of the other players are using it. I turn it off offline when im fighting the CPU. I wish there were no stamina bars because this would add more intensity into the matches and make them less predictable.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Whenever i go bowling we are all in the same lane. So if the bumpers are up everyone can use them. So if i get a strike with no bumpers (submission without stamina bar) and my friend gets a strike off the bumper (submission with stamina bar) its the same thing. Is it fair when my friend gets a 300 and i get a 300 but he used bumpers on 95% of his strikes and i didnt?

So to me the bowling referance is perfect. One guy gets strikes and one uses the bumper to get strikes, how is that fair? Maybe there is a reason that why the bumper isnt allowed for ranked bowling matches.
I had a great battle with Sb24 the other night. He was whooping up on me. Knocked me down, he dove in to finish me off with some ground and pound. I quickly threw rubber guard and slapped on the triangle...........Tap out I won LOL

The cool thing is I was not using much energy cause I was getting rocked left and right, got knocked down. held on for dear life managed to barely get rubber guard and since he spent couple mins throwing everything at me, he was gassed. So once the triangle was locked in it was over.

I never use the bars, but I can tell just how fatigued they are just by playing a week or so with them on the first week to get a feel for each fighters different cardio ratings.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #24
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I had a great battle with Sb24 the other night. He was whooping up on me. Knocked me down, he dove in to finish me off with some ground and pound. I quickly threw rubber guard and slapped on the triangle...........Tap out I won LOL

The cool thing is I was not using much energy cause I was getting rocked left and right, got knocked down. held on for dear life managed to barely get rubber guard and since he spent couple mins throwing everything at me, he was gassed. So once the triangle was locked in it was over.

I never use the bars, but I can tell just how fatigued they are just by playing a week or so with them on the first week to get a feel for each fighters different cardio ratings.
Yea that was a great battle. I wasnt even thinking about you doing a submission so you caught me sleeping(round 3 to be fair). At least i got lucky when you went for the slam the next fight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »