Home

Im done with with this game and I feel sick.

This is a discussion on Im done with with this game and I feel sick. within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #25
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Im done with with this game and I feel sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
I didnt say i still end up on my feet if i rotate the stick. That only happens when i tap the buttons, but it makes me get all the way up, not just pull my head out.
Really? So you didn't say this?

Quote:
Thats what I do but he stands up after. It is part of the animation. Do you see the problem there?
And it was in response to this:

Quote:
lol so take him down and rotate the stick to get out of the submission so u can stay on him simple
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

Well, his first post says that he steps in and throws combinations and now he says that he primarily counters. I don't know what to think other than this has not been my experience with the game at all and now I'm thinking he just wants the attention. The fact that his signature is in size 24 font doesn't help matters.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Old 06-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #27
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop_Brady
Well, his first post says that he steps in and throws combinations and now he says that he primarily counters. I don't know what to think other than this has not been my experience with the game at all and now I'm thinking he just wants the attention. The fact that his signature is in size 24 font doesn't help matters.
Yeah, I make them miss step in with a nice counter, and then follow it up with a couple of body shots, or a body and back to the head. Thats 3 shots. So you are saying it isnt ok to throw a combonation in this game.
I guess I am playing the wrong game. You guys arent doing a very good job of disproving my points.

Thanks for all the attention since that is abviously all I want.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #28
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Really? So you didn't say this?

And it was in response to this:
First of all Rotating the stick wont work with mirko against Mir in a decent players hands, and it is really a moot point as the whole point of mirko is to stand and bang with great takedown defense which he has. The problem is this game doesnt give you the bang, unless it is a random KO.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #29
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

That doesn't matter. You specifically said on GameFAQs that you DO rotate the stick and you end up on your feet, which is obviously not true, since that's not how the game works. You said it was part of the animation, and that's just a flat out lie.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #30
goh
Banned

There's still this thing called single player and something else known as offline multiplayer.

If your story is correct it shouldn't be difficult to get subs.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

"Dev Quote

Can you explain the submission system in detail? Are submissions going to be easier to achieve with other fighters than on the demo?
I’m so glad someone has asked this question! I’ve seen more than a few people misunderstand our submission system, so here’s the scoop.
Submissions pit two people against each other in a struggle that takes into account many factors. First, the offensive fighter’s submission skill and the type of submission being performed are considered. The higher a fighter’s Submission Offense and the more advantageous the position from which the submission is attempted, the higher the likelihood the submission will succeed. That’s why some people have noticed in our demo that Mauricio “Shogun” Rua’s triangle submission from mount is easier than other submissions, like the knee bar from guard or the kimura from half guard. Also, the method the offensive fighter uses to sink in the submission plays an important part. There are two ways to execute a submission – mashing the face buttons or rotating the right stick, a maneuver we call The Shine. In all cases, The Shine is going to be a better method to sink in a submission. Make sure you rotate that stick fast! The faster you rotate the stick, the higher your chance of success.
It’s the defensive side and how players deal with submissions that I think confuses a lot of people. Similarly to the offensive fighter, a defensive fighter has stats that influence how successful he is at getting out of submissions. But in the defensive fighter’s case, they have two different stats – Strength and Submission Defense – and which state is used depends on which type of escape is performed. Brute force escapes, which are performed by rapidly mashing the face buttons, only take into account Strength. The other type of submission escape, Technical Escapes, which are also executed via The Shine, only look at a defensive fighter’s Submission Defense. As a defender, your best bet is to know which of these two stats is higher and to utilize the escape suited to that higher stat.
There is another extremely important factor in the success rate of a submission, and that is the defender’s energy level. I have seen many people incorrectly assert that the best way to execute a submission is to weaken your opponent by beating him up. This is simply not true! Energy is not lowered by hurting your opponent; stamina is the answer. Energy is only depleted when your opponent performs actions; running, striking, transitions, etc. all temporarily lower energy levels, and the lower your opponent’s energy level, the more vulnerable he is to submissions. We didn’t want fighters coming out and submitting people instantly, simply because they have a higher Submission Offense. We feel this would be very frustrating for players (and yes, there are fighters in the game with higher Submission Offense than Shogun and lower Submission Defense than Chuck Liddell, so there will be matchups where submissions are a bit easier than others). For example, Brock Lesnar has extremely high Strength and Standing Striking Offense, but even he can’t just one-punch KO everyone in the game at will. It just wouldn’t be fun, and we just don’t think it’d be fun with submissions, either.
My suggestion would be for submission fighters to pay close attention to what actions their opponents are performing to see when a submission opportunity presents itself. If you land a takedown and your opponent immediately starts spamming transition attempts or has just delivered a flurry of strikes and left himself gassed, this means he’s using up a lot of energy and thus will be vulnerable to a submission. However, if the opponent is playing a calmer strategy and is perhaps only attempting to protect himself while throwing carefully timed strikes, submitting isn’t going to be a very viable option.

Simple put the most important part of knock out( or sub) somebody is if they are gassed then person power and location of the strike,stamina comes into play.People who understand this can knock you quickly.The game is purposely built like this, if you think rampage or lesnar are bad now with out this in place they would be knock out people in 6 sec to 30 secs every match,Maia would be subbing people as soon as he can.

The does the system needs tweaking?Yes.Is hard to knock out people if you what you are doing ?No
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #32
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
That doesn't matter. You specifically said on GameFAQs that you DO rotate the stick and you end up on your feet, which is obviously not true, since that's not how the game works. You said it was part of the animation, and that's just a flat out lie.
You do end up on your feet at times. Youa re wrong. you dont always end up in side control like you are saying. You are wrong.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »